Benedryl with phenobarbital

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
So Loki is laying next to me completely passed put but I can hear that he is really snotty. Is it OK to give him benedryl with his phenobarbital ? He had his phenol at 8:20 and it is now 10:55. Of course the e vet said bring him in for an eval for what? He has allergies crazies a about the money I swear. 20130819_224941.jpg thanks all :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so sorry I have no experience with meds and dosages, or what types of medications can be mixed with each other, so wouldn't want to give you any advice. I usually always ask my pharmacist for advice of this nature, they have much more knowledge than even doctors do regarding medications, dosages, and possible interactions or reactions to medications. I would think it would be the same reactions for humans and dogs, but you could call a pharmacist and get advice on if its okay to take a Benadryl at the same time as taking phenobarbital? It's been 4 hours since the phenobarbital, so it's probably worn off by now, and if he's not getting another dose, then it should be okay to give the Benadryl, again a pharmacist or your vet can give you advice. Hope Loki feels better soon.

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
I remember asking the vet but with the whirled wind that has been my life lately I totally forgot Lol iI'll try and give one a call. Thanks for the advice
:)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas gets 2 tabs twice daily (50mg). His neurologist said to error on the lighter side of the dosage. Vegas weighs 50 pounds so the dose is spot on. Loki weighs a tad bit more, correct? I'd give him 2 tabs. Yes...it's okay to give with pheno....according to Vegas's dr. [MENTION=9403]Lokismom[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.