JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Just got back home and got all them settled in. Sally has a Distal Phalangeal Fracture of the toe (that's the bone at the at the base of the nail that shapes the nail). So I was right, she hurt it when she hopped off the couch and she's only done that twice now). :cry: It's the small bone and thank goodness it's not her weight bearing toe or she'd be in a cast or a splint. She'll be on Tramadol for 7 days now for pain. She couldn't even walk out of their back area and had to be carried. It's really painful to her. But with time it will heal and she'll be where she usually is, by my side snuggling or by her daddy's side licking the bottom of his bowl that has ice cream in it. She apparently LOVES ice cream.

Poor girl. :(

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Poor baby girl! Glad you have answers now and know what it is! You are awesome and the hooligans are lucky to have you as a mama! Hope the recovery time goes quick :hug:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Just got back home and got all them settled in. Sally has a Distal Phalangeal Fracture of the toe (that's the bone at the at the base of the nail that shapes the nail). So I was right, she hurt it when she hopped off the couch and she's only done that twice now). :cry: It's the small bone and thank goodness it's not her weight bearing toe or she'd be in a cast or a splint. She'll be on Tramadol for 7 days now for pain. She couldn't even walk out of their back area and had to be carried. It's really painful to her. But with time it will heal and she'll be where she usually is, by my side snuggling or by her daddy's side licking the bottom of his bowl that has ice cream in it. She apparently LOVES ice cream.

Oh NO... poor Sally :( I guess she's off the couch for now, hopefully it will heal up soon!!!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh NO... poor Sally :( I guess she's off the couch for now, hopefully it will heal up soon!!!

Oh heck no, she's on the couch now next to me. She goes to this particular spot, the spot I put in the very first day, and that's her IT place to be. I'll just watch her better and not leave her unattended.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh heck no, she's on the couch now next to me. She goes to this particular spot, the spot I put in the very first day, and that's her IT place to be. I'll just watch her better and not leave her unattended.

Aww well she is probably LOVING every minute!!! How long will it take to heal?!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh boy, poor little gal. Well, at least she got checked out and is on some pain meds now. Give her a big old smooch from the gang here! :kisskiss:

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans

Poor sally! She'll be back up and running in no time :)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon says give Sally muzzies from him and he is praying for her quick healing...he says Hang in there Mustang!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
So good to hear she's not in a cast, even tho I hate hearing it'll take a few weeks
for total healing. Sending prayers of strength, comfort & love to all...GOD bless!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hope she's feeling better. :pray:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Well now you know and she's on the way to full recovery!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.