JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Sally's been limping for 2 days now. Not sure if she broke her right toe or if she has an abscess and it's quite swollen. :( At first I thought she jammed a toe just by the way she trots or when she got down off the couch by herself. It's definately hurting her and she growled at me yesterday when I went to trim her nails and today she yanked it back pretty good. Either way, I'm going to drop her off at the vet tomorow morning for observation. I've given her Rimadyl but it seems to have helped a bit with her being able to not limp as bad. I'll give her a epsom salt soak tonight.

Can't tell if this is a bruise or not. There's no open area that's infected.
image.jpg image.jpg

The swelling
image.jpg

Here other foot for comparison.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
looks like a bruise , poor baby, that's happened here a couple times and then the nail turns dark in a couple weeks

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's what I think it looks like too. When I was doing her nails yesterday is when I saw it but it was lighter and I left her alone.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm thinking infection... Yes do the Epsom salt soak and do you have any panalog ointment to put on after?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It does look like an abscess. That Panalog is some good stuff if you have some.

Daizy and Dukes mom

Nov 28, 2011
Mansfield, ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Daizy & Duke
It looks like a bruise to me. That is what Daizy's foot looked like when she broke her foot and had to have a pin put in or have the toe amputated. If she continues limping I would get it checked out. She had a slight limp for a few days, I just thought maybe she pulled something and then she refused to walk on it. Hope it's nothing as severe as Daizy but I would definitely get it checked. Hope your pup is feeling better soon

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It looks like a bruise to me. That is what Daizy's foot looked like when she broke her foot and had to have a pin put in or have the toe amputated. If she continues limping I would get it checked out. She had a slight limp for a few days, I just thought maybe she pulled something and then she refused to walk on it. Hope it's nothing as severe as Daizy but I would definitely get it checked. Hope your pup is feeling better soon

Oh I will hope it's nothing that bad. It wasn't swollen like this yesterday though. I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow morning.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Poor baby... Hope Sally feels better soon!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Aww, poor Sally:( If it's not broken maybe it's one of those interdigital cysts? Joey gets that sometimes, mostly if weather is moist or if she is naughty and rolls in the soil so she needs baths every single day:sneaky2: I try to keep her feet dry, and if she gets one I dip her foot in Epsom salt dissolved in lukewarm water, it works wonders on hers:) usually it goes away in a day or two when treated. Hope it's gone by the morning:hug:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
That's hard to say what it is...in my opinion for an interdigital cyst it's not swollen enough. Looks more like bruise to me. Hope the vet knows...

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm thinking bruise/infection...praying it's not too serious...keep us posted.

Sending hugs for Sally & y'all.
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor baby. Isnt that the same spot she had a cyst before? I wonder if she just aggravated it somehow. I'm curios to hear what the vet says. Feel better Mustang Sally.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online