Help Needed! :( Frankie Mae' was Diagnosed w/ Hip Dysplasia

OP
bullyluv34

bullyluv34

Aug 29, 2012
Imperial, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka "Frankie"
Just got back to the office and she was all happy and running around. I cleaned her tail pocket with duxo pads and it didn't have much hair but it did have a brownish tint too it. and she REALLY seemed to enjoy it more than normal. On the other hand she did have some mucus discharge coming off her vulva area on the pad and REALLY seemed relieved when I was done.... So I am going to call her vet and see what they think.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Just got back to the office and she was all happy and running around. I cleaned her tail pocket with duxo pads and it didn't have much hair but it did have a brownish tint too it. and she REALLY seemed to enjoy it more than normal. On the other hand she did have some mucus discharge coming off her vulva area on the pad and REALLY seemed relieved when I was done.... So I am going to call her vet and see what they think.

How has she been since the cleaning? Any better? I've been searching for your update this morning so glad I found it! :detective:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
bullyluv34

bullyluv34

Aug 29, 2012
Imperial, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka "Frankie"
well she was her happy go lucky self chasing and bullying her pug brother, lol.. but there is only 2 places here in MO and they told me that I have to wait for her bloodwork to come back before I can bring her in. A good friend of mine viewed the videos and seems to think its IVDD. but I just don't understand why if this is (because her vet originally said a degenerated or herniated disc and being aggravated by from the dysplasia WHY hes making me wait on some blood work to come back... I am loosing patience because I don't (if it is) want it to rupture.. SO I am just having A LOT of snuggle time on the couch with her so she doesn't do further damage. She was really not really motivated this morning and usually shes waking me up to eat.. :)
How has she been since the cleaning? Any better? I've been searching for your update this morning so glad I found it! :detective:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for the update, probably want you to wait to make sure it's nothing else. Have fun snuggling..:D I would be doing the exact same thing..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
well she was her happy go lucky self chasing and bullying her pug brother, lol.. but there is only 2 places here in MO and they told me that I have to wait for her bloodwork to come back before I can bring her in. A good friend of mine viewed the videos and seems to think its IVDD. but I just don't understand why if this is (because her vet originally said a degenerated or herniated disc and being aggravated by from the dysplasia WHY hes making me wait on some blood work to come back... I am loosing patience because I don't (if it is) want it to rupture.. SO I am just having A LOT of snuggle time on the couch with her so she doesn't do further damage. She was really not really motivated this morning and usually shes waking me up to eat.. :)

S glad to hear she is being herself..... If it is IVDD, Banks has had a form of this, butterfly disc, since we can remember, she goes for monthly laser therapy and takes Gabapetin daily -- and she does not have any restrictions of play, walks or stairs. we watch her and have learned when she may need more meds or an extra laser session. it is all manageable.

OP
bullyluv34

bullyluv34

Aug 29, 2012
Imperial, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka "Frankie"
Got the call from her vet, they said what he thought, but wanted to make sure. He says ALL her blood test came back normal and negative fr any tick borne diseases and in as he felt since the 2nd visit her doesn't think a Ortho is in need, he said that its all neurologic and referred her to a neurologist. Frankie can't be sedated bc of her reaction to Anastasia so the MRI is out of the question, but the lady at the Neuro's office said that he will work and assist her accordingly. She had already said that Frankie's vet called him to let him know her story... We go at 9:30 Monday morning so I will give everyone an update as soon as I find out what treatments they have. Banks story is REALLY having me hold on to hope here Thank you ALL so much again. :)
S glad to hear she is being herself..... If it is IVDD, Banks has had a form of this, butterfly disc, since we can remember, she goes for monthly laser therapy and takes Gabapetin daily -- and she does not have any restrictions of play, walks or stairs. we watch her and have learned when she may need more meds or an extra laser session. it is all manageable.

OP
bullyluv34

bullyluv34

Aug 29, 2012
Imperial, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka "Frankie"
Got the call from her vet, they said what he thought, but wanted to make sure. He says ALL her blood test came back normal and negative fr any tick borne diseases and in as he felt since the 2nd visit her doesn't think a Ortho is in need, he said that its all neurologic and referred her to a neurologist. Frankie can't be sedated bc of her reaction to Anastasia so the MRI is out of the question, but the lady at the Neuro's office said that he will work and assist her accordingly. She had already said that Frankie's vet called him to let him know her story... We go at 9:30 Monday morning so I will give everyone an update as soon as I find out what treatments QUOTE=desertskybulldogs;388104]How has she been since the cleaning? Any better? I've been searching for your update this morning so glad I found it! :detective:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)[/QUOTE]

OP
bullyluv34

bullyluv34

Aug 29, 2012
Imperial, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka "Frankie"
^^ Sorry, I was trying to reply with a quote to desrtsky, but I think I messed up.. lol

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
How frustrating is this ordeal for you, Honey, sending lots of strength to hang on
and hang in there, I just can't imagine how difficult this must be. I'm exhausted
just reading of it and you still have more visits to get a dx...Geez!!!

It's great she seems to be feeling better, know that lifts your heart some.

Praying hard it's fixable...GOD bless y'all. Much love & hugs of comfort!

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
[MENTION=5831]bullyluv34[/MENTION] So sorry to hear what your baby is going through. Cleo has a mild luxating patella and the glucosimine worked wonders for her so maybe it will for Frankie Mae too. Do you think a doggy wheelchair might help her get around better?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I use a Joint supplement in Horse strength. My vet has approved it and it's been 1-1/2 years since we started it. I give them a fraction of the doseage for a horse, by eyedropper on their food. about 8 drops a day on their dinner. It's called Regenex for horses. they also make one for canine, but I like the one for horses, especially with 5 dogs, 32 oz bottle kept in the fridge goes a long way. you can get it on Amazon . Just my 2 cents honey if you were looking for a stronger supplement. They should have about 1500 mg a day and it takes about 4 weeks for it to take affect .

I really hope it's not hip dysplasia

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Got the call from her vet, they said what he thought, but wanted to make sure. He says ALL her blood test came back normal and negative fr any tick borne diseases and in as he felt since the 2nd visit her doesn't think a Ortho is in need, he said that its all neurologic and referred her to a neurologist. Frankie can't be sedated bc of her reaction to Anastasia so the MRI is out of the question, but the lady at the Neuro's office said that he will work and assist her accordingly. She had already said that Frankie's vet called him to let him know her story... We go at 9:30 Monday morning so I will give everyone an update as soon as I find out what treatments they have. Banks story is REALLY having me hold on to hope here Thank you ALL so much again. :)

So you know... Gabepiten is a neuro drug and does not make her loopy or sleepy. talk to the neurologist about it. @JAKEISGREAT has experience with this drug also, one of her Rottie's needed it.

Last edited:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm grateful for this Vet. Seems like he knows what Bulls are about.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes..Gabapentin I am very familiar with. Our Rottie had Spinal Stenosis and wasn't a candidate for surgery, because of bad back and other issues. She was in extreme pain and we tried everything. We took her to a Specialty Teaching Group, and with one dose of Gabapentin , she was pain free. It is a Neuro blocker. The pain is still there, but the drug interrupts the signal from the painful area to the brain. You can't miss a dose and she also had Tramadol, Robaxin and accupuncture treatments. But..without it, we had zero options. It is used in humans as an epilepsy treatment. Most vets do not know about it, but it's become much more widely used in Vetrinariy Medicine lately. But...you MUST get a proper diagnosis..I'm thinking a neuro will be able to diagnose correctly.

I hope you are able to find out what is going on..it's so hard to watch them and not be able to fix it.

OP
bullyluv34

bullyluv34

Aug 29, 2012
Imperial, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka "Frankie"
Frankie has had a "ruff" weekend, she was okay Saturday and then today she is now having trouble with her front legs as well as her rear. Tomorrow can't get here fast enough... I am literality sick to my stomach think I've cried ALL my tears and she just tries to keep going. I have had her sedated in her house but she just sits there and shakes.. she lashed out a few times today and I know its just her pain. I am really scared at this point. I really HOPE the Gabapentin will hope help, I can't wait to wake up and go.. I just don't know why shes loosing balance and not able to stand without falling. About 7pm she finally got up on all fours, but she was very unstable and she just looks SOO scared.. Yes, she has a wonderful vet that cares A LOT about her :) so she's very lucky. My husband actually mentioned a "doggie wheel chair " for her earlier.. [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION],2bullymomma, I will DEFIANTLEY talk to him about Gabapentin, I really hope this is what my baby needs to start walking and being back to her happy, chipper, bully self soon.. My heart is breaking :,(

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.