Worried about little Zoey (Allergies?)

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
We had two Great Grandchildren with Birthday parties this weekend. We took Bailey and Zoey. Saturday was the first party. The temps were below 80 degrees, we were there from noon till almost 4 pm. Stayed in their shaded backyard. Zoey spent most of the time in a stroller but petted and attention by all when she was out and in the stroller. She was pretty lazy, just laying in the stroller for the most part. On the way home my wife noticed her face and paws were very pink. After getting home we noticed her belly broke out in quite a rash. She also had some loose stools. And was up a lot last night.

Today the second birthday party. We only stayed 2 hours (from 2 - 4 pm) and it was a bit warmer but she stayed in the stroller the whole time under a shaded pavilion. On the car ride home she threw up, just dog food, pretty much undigested from lunch 3 hours prior. We bought her some benadryl, we gave her some 2 hours before she threw up. Took her temp after we got home, it's OK 101.6. She's thrown up twice more since we've been home (only 2 hours). The wife gave her some pepto bismo.

I guess she got into something she was allergic to at the first party when playing in the back yard. Is this all allergic reactions, maybe plus the all the attention and excitement?

Just worried about our baby. She is sleeping a lot.

Attachments

• SerinitynZoey.jpg
    SerinitynZoey.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Zoeybelly.jpg
    Zoeybelly.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 138
  • ZoeyPink.jpg
    ZoeyPink.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 138
OP
TomVan

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
Now refusing to eat her evening meal. I only feed her 1/2 cup 3 times a day. She did drink a little after refusing to eat.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ooooh poor baby! Does look like pink from allergies..maybe grass or pollen. If you can give her a nice bath..rinse well..a Benadryl will help too. Let's see if @Sherry has any other ideas.

you can try a bit of yogurt on her kibble..might entice her to eat. :(

OP
TomVan

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
Thanks for your reply.

Did the bath with ACV and warm water rinse early this morning. I just got back from buying another Benadryl, we bought 2 types of Benadryl, the pills this morning and children liquid tonight for her second dose tonight. I bought some pedialyte to give her, we added it to her kibble and she ate it. Yeah!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thanks for your reply.

Did the bath with ACV and warm water rinse early this morning. I just got back from buying another Benadryl, we bought 2 types of Benadryl, the pills this morning and children liquid tonight for her second dose tonight. I bought some pedialyte to give her, we added it to her kibble and she ate it. Yeah!

Ohhh good! I don't know about the liquid Benadryl... But it IS grape flavored! Lol..I'm glad she ate Tom..I bet she is better in the morning. If she still has the rash..give her a Benadryl. It will help with any itching she might have too.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh poor baby... It looks like an allergic reaction to me. Here in TN this weekend was really high for pollen, so maybe it's that or the grass... Hopefully the Benadryl will do the trick. Keep us posted!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am thinking it kinda sounds like stomach upset, I'm glad she ate last night. How is she this morning?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
TomVan

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
Hate to jump the gun and speak to early but so far so good. She ate at 7:15, a little less than normal but so far holding everything down. Gave her a about 3/4 of a 1/2 cup and a good spoon of yogurt. She also got another dose of Benadryl. She has also had to poohs and a little soft but not bad.

She still not herself, still a little pink in her face and still has her belly rash and either hanging out by the glass door or lying in her kennel.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Tom, buy some LOCAL honey (at farmers market, health sore, etc) and drizzle
about a teasp over her food or just give separately, it will help desensitize her to
local pollen, grasses, etc Wonderful to hear she ate some & is less pink. GOD bless!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I'm thinking along the same lines as [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] but I also think the heat and stress of it all has her upset to the point she's got a tummy ache and hives. Benadryl is the key and lots of fresh water. quiet and calm. she's such a baby yet, prob not used to so much comotion . keep us posted :yes: please

OP
TomVan

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
I'm thinking along the same lines as @JAKEISGREAT but I also think the heat and stress of it all has her upset to the point she's got a tummy ache and hives. Benadryl is the key and lots of fresh water. quiet and calm. she's such a baby yet, prob not used to so much comotion . keep us posted :yes: please

I agree but now she has been sitting by the door all morning unless she was sleeping and when I take her out she would go to the car and wine. Also the neighbors came out, ask if they could pet Zoey and Bailey; of course they went crazy for attention then Zoey cried and tugged at her leash when they left and went back inside.

As of the last 1/2 hour or so she has been romping and playing with Bailey, so feeling much better. Yeah!

Thanks all for your concern and comments. She's doing much better and will be fine.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I would be careful with how warm you are letting her get...I really think, despite the shade and inactivity, temps around 80s for hours at a time can still be a lot, especially for a little bully. Not to be alarmist, but I lost a bully to heat when he was out too long, in the shade, and it was around 83 - so you can never be too careful. I also notice vomiting and lack of appetite when mine get too hot. So, while that doesn't explain the rash, it might explain the tummy troubles and lethargy.

OP
TomVan

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
Zoey is all better. Several applications of Desitin to her belly and we gave her several doses of Benadryl. Her rash is gone, apeitite is back and holding everything down. She's back to herself, eating everything and playing rowdy with Bailey. Happy, happy, happy!

Attachments

• zbellyup.jpg
    zbellyup.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 115
  • znbplay.jpg
    znbplay.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Zoey.jpg
    Zoey.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 92

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Glad to hear she's back to her old self... Zoey is such a cute baby!!! :heart:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.