The dreaded parvo??

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
My neighbor just got a new dig 6-8 months old) and asked me to keep her this afternoon. I had a busy day and told her that she could stay in my bathroom in her kennel since I wouldn't be home much... So she brings her and I feel bad and open the crate to let her have roam or the bathroom.

I came back and there was poo in liquid droplet type form on the floor and my towel. When I went to cleaning up, I started gagging. This smelled AWFUL and I have never been sensitive to smells-at all. This happened twice and now that I'm thinking about it- I'm PRAYING T's not parvo!! I don't know if this pup has been vaccinated properly (and if I asked I'm thinking if she doesn't know she'll lie - possibly)

My question is: do I just treat my house like its parvo can my dogs get it? They're 3,4 Nd 8 years old and have all had their shots)

What would you do

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
So sorry I cant help but I'll bump this back to the top of the What's new for you.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
it sounds (smells) like a release of the anal glands. dogs can do it when they are nervous or scared. sorry i don't know anything about parvo..

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Parvo has much more drastic symptoms. .but ask your neighbor about vaccinations. I would bet the poor dog was scared..new surroundings and all. But...best to be safe.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I would defiantly ask about the Parvo vaccines, but from what I understand Parvo is CONSTANT diarrhea. Your dogs are older & have had the Parvo vaccines... I don't believe that they can get it. We had a Parvo scare w/Winston, but he ended up having Guardia. Once he got a shot for that, the diarrhea stopped instantly...

OP
Jackieshoes

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Thanks y'all! I was freaking out because some folks don't take care of their babies like us.

She said she had all her shots, because she had been to the groomer so much... So that made me feel a lot better.

I think maybe a bacterial infection of some sort or maybe just nerves. I'm still going to give the floors a good Clorox bath just to double prevent mine from getting sick, I think. Better to be safe than sorry! :)

I may have over reacted a little, lol but normally do about my babies :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
[MENTION=6241]Jackieshoes[/MENTION]

I would have reacted the same way... they are FAMILY!!! :yes:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Thanks y'all! I was freaking out because some folks don't take care of their babies like us.

She said she had all her shots, because she had been to the groomer so much... So that made me feel a lot better.

I think maybe a bacterial infection of some sort or maybe just nerves. I'm still going to give the floors a good Clorox bath just to double prevent mine from getting sick, I think. Better to be safe than sorry! :)

I'd do the same thing! Like you I'd think better safe than sorry.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

it was probably just the pups nerves but I'd be doing the bleach cleaning too.... Never take the chance

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.