Ears being warm

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
occasionally Forde's ears feel warm to me.... later they feel normal.....never are they extremly warm feeling....could this be a sign of anything? i get so paranoid with things like this.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My boys ears feel warm too usually when they're excited or have been exercising.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Same here, boys' face/ears can feel warm to the touch at times. Only accurate way to check for a high temp/fever is w/a rectal thermometer. Forde's doing fine otherwise tho?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
As long as he is acting normal and not shacking his head a lot or scratching at his ears, he should be fine.

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
thanks guys.....he acts fine...i just noticed that his ears felt warm.... it worried me that maybe it meant he was sick!

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
Could be a sign of allergies. My WB had warm/hot ears (amongst other things like smelly poo) until I dropped chicken from his diet.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
if i feed sarah the wrong thing her ears will be warm and she will pant when its not hot. its prolly nothing. long as you dont see other signs of allergy such as shaking head like david said or signs or ear infection i wouldnt worry

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It can be a sign of fever, but the only real way to know is with a rectal temp check. And as others stated... banks ears will get warm if her allergies are kicking in

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You got great advice from everyone above. My female Blossom also gets red warm ears when she has an allergic reaction to something. She used to get this a lot when she was on Royal Canin, and it went away when we switched to Fromms Beef, for her it's chicken and salmon. As long as he seems fine otherwise, and just take his temperature to rule it out, then it's probably either allergy related or from exercise or excitement.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.