Ugh duke still has coccidia

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I took a fecal in yesterday for duke and he still has coccidia- here we go with another round of antibiotics for all three of them and rewash/ sterilize everything. Anyone else ever dealt with this? Should this roun of medicine be enough to knock it out?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hmmm I remember [MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION] last year was having problems with her pups coming up as still positive for coccidia and it ended up I believe if memory serves that they were getting some false positive readings. Gonna try searching and see if I can find the thread (s).

Last edited:
OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
so is this still and issue? surgery and this poor baby

Well rather than retreat all threes dogs as they were all three treated the first time 3 weeks ago I got a fecal on duchess and the Chihuaha- they both came back negative which leads me to believe they never had it but the vet wanted me to treat them as a precaution. Duke completed his antibiotics and he has to have another fecal in about two weeks so we will see. Hopefully this round knocked it out- he doesn't exhibit any symptoms but then again he hasn't all along.

Most Reactions

Members online