Thread: The Cure for Rancid Bully Farts

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    PorkChop
    Likes (Received)

Default The Cure for Rancid Bully Farts

So our new puppy Porkchop was killing us with his awful silent and deadly farts. These weren't your average "eww" type of farts, but the eye-bulging, gagging, flee the room type of gas. Smaller more frequent food portions didn't help, yogurt didn't help, and neither did slowing down his rate of eating by adding a ball to his food bowl. The vet seemed to think it was funny more than anything and basically wrote it off as "you have a bulldog, he's gonna fart", surely not understanding just how toxic they were. I was seriously at wits end and my life filled with noxious fumes flew before my eyes. Then I remembered the Probiotic I've been taking for the last few years that was a miracle cure for my own intestinal woes, which at the time included bloating and gas.. This is not your average CVS probiotic (which didn't work for me) but a hardcore blend of a bunch of different bacteria. So I thought maybe I'd try and add a half a capsule worth of the Probiotic to Porkchop's food and see what happened.. Well, within 3 days his gas was entirely gone and his stools have become nice and firm (they were really loose before). It's literally been four days now and we've yet to be gassed even once, when previously it would be at least 5-10 times a night.

If y'all are suffering from Bully Gas, you may want to give it a try. Here's the probiotic I use:

http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-De...imal+probiotic

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Cure for Rancid Bully Farts

Interesting. I will have to keep this in mind. Harlea isn't too bad as she really only passes gas in the car and usually never with me in it but you never know.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

What brand or is it your own blend of probiotics?

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    PorkChop
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    What brand or is it your own blend of probiotics?
    The link to buy it direct from Amazon is in my original post, but the brand/name is Garden of Life Primal Defense Ultra Probiotics Formula

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Fromms dog food actually has alot of these same ingredients in it. Fromms = less gas, smaller 's.

Baxter Tiberius

I was actually wondering about this. Can you just give a dog a human probiotic like this? I know I give Baxter Kefir milk, but these supplements have mega mega doses in them. And are our intestinal bacteria the same types of colonies and bacteria as a dogs? That would be an important question to ask. Baxter was put on antibiotics today due to a staph infection, and I want to get some probiotics into him while he's on the antibiotics.

I have some I got from Whole Foods for like $45.00 with 50 billion live cultures. Refrigerated. Hardcore stuff. Wonder if I can just sprinkle it on his food? Gosh ... i wish I knew how much too. Got to remember he's tiny. Sigh ... so many questions.

Kevin

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TX Bully Lover View Post
    The link to buy it direct from Amazon is in my original post, but the brand/name is Garden of Life Primal Defense Ultra Probiotics Formula
    Thank you

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Frank
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bongo
    Likes (Received)

Hi,

Bongo had wicked farts when he was eating wellness and Origen once we changed him to Fromm Grain free he was fart free except for the occasional slip.
    Frank
    Thanks,
    Frank & Bongo

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Tiberius View Post
    I was actually wondering about this. Can you just give a dog a human probiotic like this? I know I give Baxter Kefir milk, but these supplements have mega mega doses in them. And are our intestinal bacteria the same types of colonies and bacteria as a dogs? That would be an important question to ask. Baxter was put on antibiotics today due to a staph infection, and I want to get some probiotics into him while he's on the antibiotics.

I have some I got from Whole Foods for like $45.00 with 50 billion live cultures. Refrigerated. Hardcore stuff. Wonder if I can just sprinkle it on his food? Gosh ... i wish I knew how much too. Got to remember he's tiny. Sigh ... so many questions.

Kevin

Yes, you can, try 1/2 teasp daily...Garden Of Life is a 'human' probiotic too!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Gosh....Farts are funny. Thanks for your bully farts and yes my Bentley is Mr. Pong-gu and the poopinator.

11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post

Remove Ads