The Cure for Rancid Bully Farts

TX Bully Lover

Aug 7, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
PorkChop
So our new puppy Porkchop was killing us with his awful silent and deadly farts. These weren't your average "eww" type of farts, but the eye-bulging, gagging, flee the room type of gas. Smaller more frequent food portions didn't help, yogurt didn't help, and neither did slowing down his rate of eating by adding a ball to his food bowl. The vet seemed to think it was funny more than anything and basically wrote it off as "you have a bulldog, he's gonna fart", surely not understanding just how toxic they were. I was seriously at wits end and my life filled with noxious fumes flew before my eyes. Then I remembered the Probiotic I've been taking for the last few years that was a miracle cure for my own intestinal woes, which at the time included bloating and gas.. This is not your average CVS probiotic (which didn't work for me) but a hardcore blend of a bunch of different bacteria. So I thought maybe I'd try and add a half a capsule worth of the Probiotic to Porkchop's food and see what happened.. Well, within 3 days his gas was entirely gone and his stools have become nice and firm (they were really loose before). It's literally been four days now and we've yet to be gassed even once, when previously it would be at least 5-10 times a night.

If y'all are suffering from Bully Gas, you may want to give it a try. Here's the probiotic I use:

http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-D...d=1376684402&sr=8-1&keywords=primal+probiotic

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Interesting. I will have to keep this in mind. Harlea isn't too bad as she really only passes gas in the car and usually never with me in it but you never know.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
What brand or is it your own blend of probiotics?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fromms dog food actually has alot of these same ingredients in it. Fromms = less gas, smaller :poo:'s.

B

Baxter Tiberius

I was actually wondering about this. Can you just give a dog a human probiotic like this? I know I give Baxter Kefir milk, but these supplements have mega mega doses in them. And are our intestinal bacteria the same types of colonies and bacteria as a dogs? That would be an important question to ask. Baxter was put on antibiotics today due to a staph infection, and I want to get some probiotics into him while he's on the antibiotics.

I have some I got from Whole Foods for like $45.00 with 50 billion live cultures. Refrigerated. Hardcore stuff. Wonder if I can just sprinkle it on his food? Gosh ... i wish I knew how much too. Got to remember he's tiny. Sigh ... so many questions.

Kevin

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I was actually wondering about this. Can you just give a dog a human probiotic like this? I know I give Baxter Kefir milk, but these supplements have mega mega doses in them. And are our intestinal bacteria the same types of colonies and bacteria as a dogs? That would be an important question to ask. Baxter was put on antibiotics today due to a staph infection, and I want to get some probiotics into him while he's on the antibiotics.

I have some I got from Whole Foods for like $45.00 with 50 billion live cultures. Refrigerated. Hardcore stuff. Wonder if I can just sprinkle it on his food? Gosh ... i wish I knew how much too. Got to remember he's tiny. Sigh ... so many questions.

Kevin

Yes, you can, try 1/2 teasp daily...Garden Of Life is a 'human' probiotic too!

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online