Loki had another seizure :(

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
OMG that's quite a scare and shock to come home from work too. Jeesh. I notice you haven't posted since you picked him up. Hope he's ok.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Omg Poor Loki :cry:i will be praying Loki feels better soon. Please keep us updated :assurred:

shanon0703

Aug 9, 2013
Columbus, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
I'm still a "newbie", I know, but omg, I woulda freaked out!!!:scared: Glad to hear he's felling and doing better, though!! Great job, Mom!! :clap2: Prayers and hugs to you and handsome Mr .Loki! :hug:

maggieclouse

Jul 21, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie
Awe this breaks my heart :cry:wish I had some advise. Sounds like you did all the right things, glad to hear she is feeling better. Keep us posted
Get Well Loki:angelheart:
god bless

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Nichole... just checking in, how is Loki doing today?!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Any news on Loki? I hope he had a quiet night.

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Good morning everyone was last was really stressful sorry if this post goes on and on or all over the place for that matter. I am emotionally and physically drained I can't eat, he won't let us sleep, he was up pacing and panting until 3am. He would not relax. Our night ended with our mattress on the floor towards the corner blocking Loki between the wall, mattress and his kennel. He had me up every 45 mins because he is so anxious Sean and I tried to take turns but he was just all over the place so that didn't really happen. Not to mention that I had to be up at 6:45 so we could come to work. The ride home was the worst! He pooped and peed in the car. He was so all over the place back and forth from one side to the other I tried to put him in his ports house and he cried and cried so I took him out figured that stress was not good for him. We finally made it home and it just became more and more draining he wouldn’t go more then a few feet away from us. He was drinking tons of water and had multiple accidents even though we were outside for a majority of the 9 hours that we were home. We tried everything we could think of to help him calm down, quite baths 3 of them, sitting outside, watching TV laying in bed nothing worked. I was trying so hard to stay calm but since I have hardly slept since Tuesday night I can’t eat because my stomach is so twisted I was starting to break, I found myself with tears in my eyes and still do wonder if he is ever going to get better. He is scared of his own house, yard, everything. The vet said that he could still be having visual seizures and that is why he is so uneasy still she upped his dosage to 90mg every 12 hours for his Phenobarbital from 60mg every 12. She wants to try and load it into his system to help his restlessness and then bring it back down. IDK if that dosage is too high for him we don’t know how any of this works and the fear of the unknown is really taking its toll. He seems to be doing better today still no poop but the amount that was in my backseat was a lot so that could be why he is eating and drinking normally. He is out peeing all the time of course. He does seem a lot more calm today THANK GOD!!! The vet did say that the first 24 48 hours home are the hardest and she was not kidding. The good news so far is that he hasn’t had anymore facial seizure since about 10 last night; he does recognize us and still listens to us. His distance visually seems to be slightly impaired but again that was yesterday and he was coming off a lot of medications and fluids. But his farts, we were talking last week or 2 ago about how they could clear a room, his could wake the dead no lies. I think that we all need a really good nights sleep and to relax hopefully that will be tonight because this bully momma can’t take much more. I found myself getting upset with a customer over something pretty stupid. I apologized and told them that I hadn’t been sleeping well and thankfully she understood. I am trying to take it day to day but wonder what is going to happen the first time that he is left alone? It is not for about a week but that thought scares the crap out of me. Anyways he is resting now I can’t tell you all what a relief it is to hear him snoring. Now I only wish we were home so I could snore with him. I will keep you all posted on what happens. Thank you for all the well wishes and continued support. The love that we get from this forum could move mountains.
loki.jpg

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Wow Nicole, Thoughts and prayers with you, Sean, and Loki, I know its heart wrenching, and am glad he is snoring away, maybe this is an indication that he is settling down, and his anxiousness is leaving. Knowing you and Sean need rest too. :yes: Thanks for the update.

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Poor lamb! Wish I were closer and would dog-sit for you so you could get some rest...:( Things are always better after a good nights sleep. I am glad he is snoring away...always a comforting sound to me! Sending prayers that you and Sean are able to get some rest tonight and that poor Loki will be back to normal (as normal as can be under the circumstances).

I will be up in Central Wisconsin for Christmas! I could dogsit then!

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Oh Nicole 😞 I hope a good nights rest will make things seem more manageable tomorrow. Sending prayers and hugs to you, your husband and especially Loki.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Still sending prayers and positive thought!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.