Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Loki had another seizure :(

Any news on Loki? I hope he had a quiet night.

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

Good morning everyone was last was really stressful sorry if this post goes on and on or all over the place for that matter. I am emotionally and physically drained I can't eat, he won't let us sleep, he was up pacing and panting until 3am. He would not relax. Our night ended with our mattress on the floor towards the corner blocking Loki between the wall, mattress and his kennel. He had me up every 45 mins because he is so anxious Sean and I tried to take turns but he was just all over the place so that didn't really happen. Not to mention that I had to be up at 6:45 so we could come to work. The ride home was the worst! He pooped and peed in the car. He was so all over the place back and forth from one side to the other I tried to put him in his ports house and he cried and cried so I took him out figured that stress was not good for him. We finally made it home and it just became more and more draining he wouldn’t go more then a few feet away from us. He was drinking tons of water and had multiple accidents even though we were outside for a majority of the 9 hours that we were home. We tried everything we could think of to help him calm down, quite baths 3 of them, sitting outside, watching TV laying in bed nothing worked. I was trying so hard to stay calm but since I have hardly slept since Tuesday night I can’t eat because my stomach is so twisted I was starting to break, I found myself with tears in my eyes and still do wonder if he is ever going to get better. He is scared of his own house, yard, everything. The vet said that he could still be having visual seizures and that is why he is so uneasy still she upped his dosage to 90mg every 12 hours for his Phenobarbital from 60mg every 12. She wants to try and load it into his system to help his restlessness and then bring it back down. IDK if that dosage is too high for him we don’t know how any of this works and the fear of the unknown is really taking its toll. He seems to be doing better today still no poop but the amount that was in my backseat was a lot so that could be why he is eating and drinking normally. He is out peeing all the time of course. He does seem a lot more calm today THANK GOD!!! The vet did say that the first 24 48 hours home are the hardest and she was not kidding. The good news so far is that he hasn’t had anymore facial seizure since about 10 last night; he does recognize us and still listens to us. His distance visually seems to be slightly impaired but again that was yesterday and he was coming off a lot of medications and fluids. But his farts, we were talking last week or 2 ago about how they could clear a room, his could wake the dead no lies. I think that we all need a really good nights sleep and to relax hopefully that will be tonight because this bully momma can’t take much more. I found myself getting upset with a customer over something pretty stupid. I apologized and told them that I hadn’t been sleeping well and thankfully she understood. I am trying to take it day to day but wonder what is going to happen the first time that he is left alone? It is not for about a week but that thought scares the crap out of me. Anyways he is resting now I can’t tell you all what a relief it is to hear him snoring. Now I only wish we were home so I could snore with him. I will keep you all posted on what happens. Thank you for all the well wishes and continued support. The love that we get from this forum could move mountains.
    -loki-jpg
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

Doggie Boutique Owner FORDE'SMOM's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Forde
    Likes (Received)

so sorry to hear what happened with your baby

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Wow Nicole, Thoughts and prayers with you, Sean, and Loki, I know its heart wrenching, and am glad he is snoring away, maybe this is an indication that he is settling down, and his anxiousness is leaving. Knowing you and Sean need rest too. Thanks for the update.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Alix
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
    Likes (Received)

Poor lamb! Wish I were closer and would dog-sit for you so you could get some rest... Things are always better after a good nights sleep. I am glad he is snoring away...always a comforting sound to me! Sending prayers that you and Sean are able to get some rest tonight and that poor Loki will be back to normal (as normal as can be under the circumstances).

I will be up in Central Wisconsin for Christmas! I could dogsit then!

RIP Samson el Torito and Petunia Belle
    May 20, 2000 - June 06, 2008 and November 16, 2004 - April 10, 2015

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fergus
    Likes (Received)

Oh Nicole 😞 I hope a good nights rest will make things seem more manageable tomorrow. Sending prayers and hugs to you, your husband and especially Loki.

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Still sending prayers and positive thought!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Poor Loki. Hoping and praying so much he's improving!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Gosh Nichole I'm so sorry... wish we all take turns & doggie sit for you!!! I'm still praying for you guys, hopefully he will feel better this weekend!!!

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

What a horrible experience for you all! I hope the phenobarbital works for him.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

Great news so far the higher dose seems to be exactly what he needed we are going to go back down to 60 mgs tonight as long as he keeps doing this great he has been sleeping since we got home he was anxious a few times. Sean surprised us with a bouquet of flowers and a new toy for Loki when he feels better. He finally pooped and something clicked inside me and i am finally able to eat weird right lol. It has been a nice relaxing afternoon finally he hasn't had any problems no spacing off, no facial seizures nothing. The first 24 have been rough but gets better each hour. He fell asleep begging for my sub with a giant grin on his face-20130816_155852-jpg
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Remove Ads