Thread: Update on kooper

Real Name
    Ashley
    Country
    USA
    Oceanside, California, United States ( Native South East Texan)
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dixie and Kooper
    Likes (Received)

Post Update on kooper

Today kooper developed a really bad reaction that made his face swell all around one of his eyes and some of the wrinkles ( tried to upload pics but it wouldnt let me ) I imediatley gave him benadryl, watched and waited. The swelling has gone down 50% so i gave him another dose for bedtime along with a shaving, antibacterial/medicated bath, and vinegar soak. I noticed him itching so i put some anti fungal cream on top of the areas he could reach. In my heart i feel like this will help him. After reading all the posts and comments from all the EBN visitors and members i feel confident that everything that im trying will work, i just know it will!

Another thing i was thinking about today cause it just dawned on me when i was explaining some things to my husband...he is 8 months old...we have had him since he was 3 months old....This is his first summer!! when he first got here our yard was in OKAY condition. If your from cali then you know, if you dont water the grass it will magically transform into sticker infested dirt! So for the beginning of the summer we didn't worry about the grass, well we finally decided to start watering it cause the kids always wanted to play outside. so now the yard is full and beautiful...BAM Kooper breaks out!! i think with his poor diet, and weakened immune system, the summer grass pollen just did him in. So first thing when my hubby got home we mowed the yard as low as we could (using the bag on the back to catch the grass).

After some TLC tonight im hoping to see an improvement these next couple of days. If i can figure out why pictures wont load in the site, i will post some pics!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Update on kooper

That has happened several times at our house w/both bullies... Bella had gotten stung & her face swelled up so bad I ended up taking her to the vets. Winston did something to his eye & it was bulged out so bad I was afraid his eye was going to pop out!!! He ended up at the vets too... As long as you are watching him & the swelling is going down I wouldn't rush to the vets. It could be the grass, I've been wondering about my bully Winston too. Our grass was really tall last week, and I noticed he had a belly rash starting... I hope Kooper feels better real soon!!!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Good eye on catching it fast and giving the Benedryl.... just a thought too, it could have been a bug bite.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like a bug bite to me as well keep an eye on it and if it doesn't get better you might want to go to the vet.
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

Real Name
    Ashley
    Country
    USA
    Oceanside, California, United States ( Native South East Texan)
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dixie and Kooper
    Likes (Received)

thanks all!! it must have been a bite cause by morning it was all better, not one inch of swelling!

Remove Ads