Update on kooper

DixieKooper09

Aug 8, 2013
Oceanside, California, United States ( Native Sout
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dixie and Kooper
Today kooper developed a really bad reaction that made his face swell all around one of his eyes and some of the wrinkles ( tried to upload pics but it wouldnt let me :confused: ) I imediatley gave him benadryl, watched and waited. The swelling has gone down 50% so i gave him another dose for bedtime along with a shaving, antibacterial/medicated bath, and vinegar soak. I noticed him itching so i put some anti fungal cream on top of the areas he could reach. In my heart i feel like this will help him. After reading all the posts and comments from all the EBN visitors and members i feel confident that everything that im trying will work, i just know it will!

Another thing i was thinking about today cause it just dawned on me when i was explaining some things to my husband...he is 8 months old...we have had him since he was 3 months old....This is his first summer!! when he first got here our yard was in OKAY condition. If your from cali then you know, if you dont water the grass it will magically transform into sticker infested dirt! So for the beginning of the summer we didn't worry about the grass, well we finally decided to start watering it cause the kids always wanted to play outside. so now the yard is full and beautiful...BAM Kooper breaks out!! i think with his poor diet, and weakened immune system, the summer grass pollen just did him in. So first thing when my hubby got home we mowed the yard as low as we could (using the bag on the back to catch the grass).

After some TLC tonight im hoping to see an improvement these next couple of days. If i can figure out why pictures wont load in the site, i will post some pics! :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
That has happened several times at our house w/both bullies... Bella had gotten stung & her face swelled up so bad I ended up taking her to the vets. Winston did something to his eye & it was bulged out so bad I was afraid his eye was going to pop out!!! He ended up at the vets too... As long as you are watching him & the swelling is going down I wouldn't rush to the vets. It could be the grass, I've been wondering about my bully Winston too. Our grass was really tall last week, and I noticed he had a belly rash starting... I hope Kooper feels better real soon!!! :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good eye on catching it fast and giving the Benedryl.... just a thought too, it could have been a bug bite.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.