He says "Do NOT spay your dog!!"

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I've heard mostly positive things about neutering/spaying your dog, I personally think there is no reason not to...:) All our dogs are fixed, all for different reasons but I would have done it no matter what since we have males and females. Boeboe is spayed cos her hormones were bothering her and caused her to get rashes and we neutered Bennie so that he could have peace whenever neighbors dogs are on heat. You know your dog best:)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hmm: Me thinks someone needs to STFU! Menopause? Wow....so now Dogs go through menopause? This guy needs to keep his opinions to himself. I think I would just ask him where is his framed Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine? It should be displayed for all to see. Then I'd find someplace else to buy my stuff from.

Ah, a breath of fresh air.... is SO LOVE you Becky!!! :rofl:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well spaying and neutering is always a good idea if you are not breeding. Next time he says something about not spaying, ask him if he has ever heard of Pyometra. It is a uterine infection and can be deadly if not caught in time. It only happens in females that are not spayed. Not to mention the mess you have to deal with when she is in heat, plus the things the female goes through. He needs to keep his opinions to himself and just run his store.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Seems like a bit of a judgmental, know it all to me. That takes really big ones for someone to tell you what you should or shouldn't do with your dog. I have always spayed and neutered because 1) I am not a breeder and 2) you just never know where you can run into another dog and you end up with an accidental breeding and 3) I prefer to avoid health issues such as pyometra if I can. It's a personal choice and if you didn't ask his opinion of the procedure then I don't think he needed to give you his two cents.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
My vet did tell me if I wasn't planning to stud him out he would be healthier if I had him neutered so I took the vets advice because he has yet to steer me wrong.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
AngAngeles13

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
...... I was talking about everyone else....silly lady!

Ohhh, I thought you meant that it was okay for me to be an ahole. ;)

As far a health concerns if you do not spay or neuter....those are the things I have always heard. So for him to say just the opposite... I had nothing for him at that point except for "Okay...thanks, bye bye!"

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Ohhh, I thought you meant that it was okay for me to be an ahole. ;)

As far a health concerns if you do not spay or neuter....those are the things I have always heard. So for him to say just the opposite... I had nothing for him at that point except for "Okay...thanks, bye bye!"

It is ok for you to b a A-hole lol

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
There is one specialty dog food store that is close to us that I love going in because they have a great variety of high quality foods. But every time we go the owner has some sort of advice for us. He has been very helpful, (albeit sometimes judgey and a little pushy) but yesterday he asks us if we plan on spaying Khaleesi. I say "absolutely." And he gave me the stink eye and told me that it was a horrible idea. He says it's cruel and if I don't have any other dogs that there is no sense in it because it causes them to go into instant menopause and a host of other problems. I have never heard this before in my life. I mean, how would you safely socialize or go to classes, public, etc? He also started reprimanding me about getting her shots done. (He told me I needed to bring her in to visit them asap, and I told him I would as soon as she's UTD on shots) It seems like everyone on earth have different opinions on what is best. It's information overload!!! :crazy:

I couldn't of walked out of his store without commenting " I just seen lorena bobbitt on the Dr. Phil show, and she said it all had to go" and gave him the stink eye right back, Think that would have cancelled his advice session, without a charge. :yes:

OP
AngAngeles13

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
I couldn't of walked out of his store without commenting " I just seen lorena bobbitt on the Dr. Phil show, and she said it all had to go" and gave him the stink eye right back, Think that would have cancelled his advice session, without a charge. :yes:

Haha!! I almost told him no thanks, my dog isn't into diseases and unwanted pregnancies.

Last edited:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:hmm: Me thinks someone needs to STFU! Menopause? Wow....so now Dogs go through menopause? This guy needs to keep his opinions to himself. I think I would just ask him where is his framed Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine? It should be displayed for all to see. Then I'd find someplace else to buy my stuff from.

I totally agree... Next time I would ask him for degree!!! SMH...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Well spaying and neutering is always a good idea if you are not breeding. Next time he says something about not spaying, ask him if he has ever heard of Pyometra. It is a uterine infection and can be deadly if not caught in time. It only happens in females that are not spayed. Not to mention the mess you have to deal with when she is in heat, plus the things the female goes through. He needs to keep his opinions to himself and just run his store.

I agree David... Many female dogs die from this, it's very serious!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.