He says "Do NOT spay your dog!!"

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
There is one specialty dog food store that is close to us that I love going in because they have a great variety of high quality foods. But every time we go the owner has some sort of advice for us. He has been very helpful, (albeit sometimes judgey and a little pushy) but yesterday he asks us if we plan on spaying Khaleesi. I say "absolutely." And he gave me the stink eye and told me that it was a horrible idea. He says it's cruel and if I don't have any other dogs that there is no sense in it because it causes them to go into instant menopause and a host of other problems. I have never heard this before in my life. I mean, how would you safely socialize or go to classes, public, etc? He also started reprimanding me about getting her shots done. (He told me I needed to bring her in to visit them asap, and I told him I would as soon as she's UTD on shots) It seems like everyone on earth have different opinions on what is best. It's information overload!!! :crazy:

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
It really is information overload and why would he push his opinion in you like that! Wow, a bit rude! I've never heard what he is saying either. Spaying actually helps prevent certain medical issues and prevents the dogs from suffering through heat all the time. Why let your dog go though that for no reason? Lol I'm sure you are taking very good care of Khaleesi and don't need to be told by him what to do!

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
We don't take June out very often since she doesn't have her last set of shots till next week, but when we take her out to potty or go to the vet and stuff people are always gushing over how cute she is and then want to give us their opinions/advice as if we just randomly decided to go pick out a dog and bring her home. We actually did a lot of research on the breed and spent lots of time learning (mostly from here :)) and finding a good breeder before we bought her. I'm thankful for the helpful advice of course, but sometimes it just comes off rude. I obviously know not to feed her chocolate, that she can over heat easily, etc. but strangers always feel the need to remind us as if we know nothing!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hmm: Me thinks someone needs to STFU! Menopause? Wow....so now Dogs go through menopause? This guy needs to keep his opinions to himself. I think I would just ask him where is his framed Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine? It should be displayed for all to see. Then I'd find someplace else to buy my stuff from.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
All i can say is wow. We all hear things and get a wide range of opinions from everyone we run in to but who does this guy think he is?

OP
AngAngeles13

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
I think he's a big proponent of holistic healing, etc. Which I have no problem with at all. I am a little crunchy myself sometimes...and I know he's trying to be helpful, but man alive. I just want to go in and get my food and go. Before we left he said "If you ever have any questions about anything, ask me before you call your vet." My husband said the same thing Becky...."I didn't see any degree on his walls!" He said next time we go we should bring our vet with us and have her chime in when he starts giving his advice. hah!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
WOW!!! The audacity of some people! I would have laughed and said "oh how cute he is trying to assert his alpha status" then give him a serious look "your teeth aren't nearly as sharp as his and I made him submit too" and walk off

OP
AngAngeles13

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
Oh, and bashing pet store guy was not my intent...I was curious to see if anyone else had heard or agrees with these things. :)

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh, and bashing pet store guy was not my intent...I was curious to see if anyone else had heard or agrees with these things. :)

I know it wasn't your intent and maybe my reaction was a little strong. I apologize. I'm new here really only been here since April. Just never heard that before or read it in any of the material I have been able to acquire.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie

I didn't think you were bashing him, or looking for bashing replies. I figured you were feeling a little annoyed at his pushiness. I don't agree w his do not spay thinking and there is nothing wrong w holistic approaches. I would just want someone schooled and licensed in that area. (Not that he isn't). But you go there for supplies, not treatment. I'm glad he has been helpful to you. It would annoy me to be told everything he has told you every time I go in to buy something is all. :)

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:hmm: Me thinks someone needs to STFU! Menopause? Wow....so now Dogs go through menopause? This guy needs to keep his opinions to himself. I think I would just ask him where is his framed Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine? It should be displayed for all to see. Then I'd find someplace else to buy my stuff from.

:goodpost: ................ EXACTLY what Becky said!!!!! :yes:

OP
AngAngeles13

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
NOOO! I wasn't complaining that anyone "bashed" this guy. (I was actually glad to see that I wasn't alone in being annoyed) I'm still super new Jennifer Clark...and just didn't want to give anyone the impression that I'm the a-hole that just comse here to complain. :)

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
NOOO! I wasn't complaining that anyone "bashed" this guy. (I was actually glad to see that I wasn't alone in being annoyed) I'm still super new Jennifer Clark...and just didn't want to give anyone the impression that I'm the a-hole that just comse here to complain. :)

Lmbo..I thnk being an A-hole is a requirement for this site? [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] @pdolphin27. @Chumley @JAKEISGREAT

:anyone:

Last edited:

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
:D;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.