Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Not sure if this is the right spot for this..apologies if not.

Saw new vet today who sad Brie is just amazing. So happy to see her eyes clear and I'm doing great job w her folds but need to do bit better w vulva folds - i didnt know she had vulva folds? I wipe her there and get the yellow crusties off her fur n do a little swoop in n around in there but not enough i guess. lol ...However, he said she is not fat..but based on her body shape, she is a little more roly poly thn she should be. (37 pounds currently) ... So..it is recommended I cut back back a bit on her food and see how that goes. My question is..cutting back do I cut back at breakfast or dinner? Currently she gets 1 1/4 cup at breakfast a 1 cup at dinner. She gets toppings on each as well. Should I cut to 1 cup at breakfast or 3/4 cup at dinner? She does get a lil snack mid day and before bed. Thanks for your input!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lisa -- can you post a picture of Brie for above... you looking down over her back as she is standing up?

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
@2BullyMama
The vet said she still has a curves for now...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    584.2 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    638.2 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    625.9 KB · Views: 155
OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
If those are not good, let me know and I will get us both in a better position...

Last edited:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How old is she?

What I did with banks to have her slim down is used green beans to supplement the food cut back... say she gets 1 cup of kibble at feeding time.... instead of a full cup, I'd give 1/2 kibble and 1/2 green beans till the weight was where it needed to be

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
8 mos and 37 pounds...is she getting fat? I didn't think I was feeding her that much to begin w..but I do t mind cutting back just not sure if its better in morning or evening

Green beans..ok..cooked or raw and do you mean string beans or actual green beans? I'm assuming fresh not frozen or can?
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]. Is she fat???

Last edited:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
she is only 8 months... I would not be too concerned,and i do not think she is fat.
@Sherry @cowsmom @JAKEISGREAT maybe able to give a little more insight on the feeding amount, been a LONG time since I had a puppy that age

I use frozen or fresh green beans

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I don't think she is fat. I can get behind being preventative for these guys but she doesn't look fat to me. I usually mix Raven's food with some fresh or frozen veggies, I feed both raw or steamed. When it's hot outside she seems to really like the frozen since they are 1) cold and 2) she likes to chew things.

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
She just doesn't look over weight to me..but m no expert and I certainly want her to be healthy so I'll do whatever it takes. He said you can't really go by a specific weight w age that is is body shape...

so if I use green beans to compensate some kibble, again would it be better to do so in morning or evening?

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I don't think she is fat. I can get behind being preventative for these guys but she doesn't look fat to me. I usually mix Raven's food with some fresh or frozen veggies, I feed both raw or steamed. When it's hot outside she seems to really like the frozen since they are 1) cold and 2) she likes to chew things.

What other veggies do you use ?

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven loves all veggies. I normally buy bags of frozen veggies for when I make stir fry and I also get the bags of frozen peas, carrots, and corn mixed. So all in all miss thing eats: baby carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, snap peas, corn, zuccini, cucumbers, lettuce. I also give her pieces of fruits with her plain yogurt and sometimes some cottage cheese. Normally I give her the veggies with her dinner time. She is not a big eater in the morning so I usually give her some yogurt or cottage cheese with some fruit then.

Last edited:
OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Raven loves all veggies. I normally buy bags of frozen veggies for when I make stir fry and I also get the bags of frozen peas, carrots, and corn mixed. So all in all miss thing eats: baby carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, snap peas, corn, zuccini, cucumbers, lettuce. I also give her pieces of fruits with her plain yogurt and sometimes some cottage cheese.
I didn't know she could have all that! Ok..so I will add lots of mixed veggies in w her dinner. I'll switch the blueberries and bananas to her breakfast w her yogurt n salmon oil.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
When I make a salad with dinner I sometimes put a little salad in a side bowl for her..my husband laughs at me and how I spoil her. That is why when she eats around the kibble and I get worried he tells me it's kind of my fault...why should she want kibble, no matter how expensive, when she thinks she should have "good tasting extras"

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.