Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nerve Problems

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sherman
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Nerve Problems

So Sherman has been on the Gabapentin for a little while now but is not 100 percent. I'd say 80. Odd thing is I am still not convinced it is a nerve issue. I had a groomer give him a good bath and she said she got some dark stuff from a couple sore areas under his tail pocket. I had been cleaning it and I thought the vets checked that out when all the problems started. His tail is so so tight that it is very hard to get in there. We haven't done the MRI because he improved some. I can't help thinking that it is something in that area that is the root of the problem. Boy, I wish he could talk! So, I think we'll do the meds a few more days and then decide. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kathleen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
    Likes (Received)

Ahh...Dudley said to tell Sherman to feel better soon! Fingers crossed that all goes well!

Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them...
    Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. -- Thom Jones

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonel View Post
    So Sherman has been on the Gabapentin for a little while now but is not 100 percent. I'd say 80. Odd thing is I am still not convinced it is a nerve issue. I had a groomer give him a good bath and she said she got some dark stuff from a couple sore areas under his tail pocket. I had been cleaning it and I thought the vets checked that out when all the problems started. His tail is so so tight that it is very hard to get in there. We haven't done the MRI because he improved some. I can't help thinking that it is something in that area that is the root of the problem. Boy, I wish he could talk! So, I think we'll do the meds a few more days and then decide. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    I feel for you & your sweet bully...continuing prayers that CAUSE is found and FIXED!

​GOD bless!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Debo
    Likes (Received)

Poor baby! I'm so sorry! I would be a nervous wreck! I wish they could talk too!
    I'm actually on gabapentin too!
    That's funny that they use the same stuff for humans. My Spine Dr. said it would take a couple weeks to start working. I have been on it for three weeks, and it still makes me dizzy, and drowsy, and loopy, but I'm slowly getting used to it. Just wanted to let ya know how it makes me feel.
    Good luck, & prayers are going up for you & your puppy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads