Senior Arthritis

Lkane0322

Nov 27, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
Hi Everyone!

My baby is 10 1/2 and suffers from some arthritis and very bad dry eye. I just want to keep him comfortable!!

Any recommendations of what I can do to help him more? He takes tramadol and glucosamine but was hoping there are some home remedies I can try to help! Also for his eyes, I give him all the eye drops he needs but wish I can do something more. Some days he doesn’t see much at all but is happy :)

Thanks so much!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Well GOD bless Bailey...and y'all! Will do some homopathic research and post back.

Welcome to EBN.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so sorry about your baby... I have a 9 year old boxer Roxie, and we are dealing w/the same issues. I've been giving her glucosamine & chondroitin from GNC, but we just found out she has osteoarthritis in her neck. We may start doing injections if it gets to really bothering her. Right now she only has a few bad days a week, but I'm sure it's going to get worse.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
God bless him at 10.5 years old - wonderful!

Have you tried a heating pad on low? I used that as my one bully recovered from ACL surgery.

I am also wondering if you vet said anything about Rimadyl, which is an oft-used anti-inflammatory?

Any chance we could see a few more photos of your elder statesman? :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hi! I have had senior dogs and given them a supplement from Kauffman's called Fortitude Canine joint. It has Glucosimine-500 mg. and Condroitin-250 mg. Vit c,e and other .
I sprinkled it on their food-they love it. It helped their arth. They are also helpful on the phone. The price is reasonable and they ship free. Located in Pa. Perhaps an eye ointment would be soothing? I don't know if both ointment and drops could be used! Best of luck to you and your Bailey. Old age sure ain't for sissies.............

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW... 10 1/2 you sure have been doing a great job with him. Going to tag a few users that can give some suggestions

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hi Everyone!

My baby is 10 1/2 and suffers from some arthritis and very bad dry eye. I just want to keep him comfortable!!

Any recommendations of what I can do to help him more? He takes tramadol and glucosamine but was hoping there are some home remedies I can try to help! Also for his eyes, I give him all the eye drops he needs but wish I can do something more. Some days he doesn’t see much at all but is happy :)

Thanks so much!

I use a product called Regenex, it's liquid, it's horse strength and it works. I give them 8 drops everyday with a meal as a supplement . Jack has large joints, is an AB and is very bow legged and acts like a maniac at the age of 9 and at 100 lbs. You can buy it from Amazon or directly. I will pm you the site in case you are interested. One quart bottle lasts me about 7 months with 5 bully's

Peggy Sue has dry eye also, I keep up with it at least twice daily. a good eye wash and liquid gel drops are about the best I can do for her, and I think I've tried everything

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.