An eye ouchy

jodimiller

Aug 9, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boomer
2 afternoon ago Boomer hit the corner of the cabinet while I was looking for something. It caught him in the right eye. Immediately after he wouldn't open his eye and it was watering he didn't cry out in pain. So I held a warm compress over it for a while. Then he got to where he would open it a tiny bit but seemed as though the light was hard on him. After his nap his eye seemed to be fine just weak but he was opening it and during playtime I knew his eye site was alright in it. This morning though I notice that although he open his eye it is slightly rolled back showing more of the white in his eye then his actual eye. And he cant open it as wide as the other. Being Sunday there isn't a vet open we live in a small town and I called the emergency vet number but seems this wasn't considered an vet emergency......So now I am stressed...any advice or has this happened to anyone else...Trying to figure out how to upload a picture of his eye but for some reason can't get it to load! :help:

OP
jodimiller

jodimiller

Aug 9, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boomer
eye

picture446.jpg

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I've no advice on this, I'm just so sry your baby hurt his eye! If you are really worried, (i know you called) but..take him to the ER vet hospital.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
So sorry about your babies eye. I am no help but it does sound like a vet visit is in order as he may have an internal laceration or pressure buildup or something.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Ahh poor baby. If she is not in pain and you feel it is not getting worse you could wait to take her in first thing in the morning to the vet you know her best use your best judgement. Keep us updated.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Re: eye

Oh sweet baby.. If she is unable to open the eye and it looks strange take her to the vet. You can only see the whites like her eye is rolled back. Does she let you open her eyelid? Or does she struggle like its painful?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Re: eye

Poor baby, I would take her to the vet, she may have something in it or has scratched it.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He may have scratched it, if it's still hurting him tomorrow, i'd take him to the vet and get it checked. They can give him some drops that will help.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Poor thing! I'd get him checked out first thing on Monday too. I hope the eye continues to improve and hopefully the injury is more superficial than anything more.

OP
jodimiller

jodimiller

Aug 9, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boomer
So I called a vet 2 towns over who agreed to check out Boomer....seems he had an eye scratch...applied some drops and sent some home with us have to apply the drops 4 times a day for the next 3 days. He said that it wasn't sever(sp) and that most likely would of healed on its on. But me i'd rather be safe then sorry! :) So glad I went! :up::thanks:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
So I called a vet 2 towns over who agreed to check out Boomer....seems he had an eye scratch...applied some drops and sent some home with us have to apply the drops 4 times a day for the next 3 days. He said that it wasn't sever(sp) and that most likely would of healed on its on. But me i'd rather be safe then sorry! :) So glad I went! :up::thanks:

I'm glad you got Boomer in to see someone today AND that it wasn't too severe! good job, mom! :)

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I was just reading your thread but didn't answer as the right advice was already given
I wish your baby speedy recovery

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie

So glad you went too! Eye injuries can worsen quickly if not treated. I'm happy she is home n I really hope she feels better soon! Good call to take her on your part!

OP
jodimiller

jodimiller

Aug 9, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boomer
Just wanted to update on Boomer! He is bright eyed and curly tail this morning! :) So happy for him! Although the scratch is now noticeable where it wasn't before...doesn't seem to be bothering him at all!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.