Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Harlea Before and After Limp - diagnosed as Panosteitis (Growing pains)

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Harlea Before and After Limp - diagnosed as Panosteitis (Growing pains)

I sure hope your princess gets better soon!

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Harlea Before and After Limp - diagnosed as Panosteitis (Growing pains)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    It is hard to see your baby go from playful and spunky to pretty much motionless over night. It is painful knowing you can't do anything for them but continue to love them and make them as comfortable as they can be. Below is a video of Harlea playing with the water hose on Thursday night a few hours before her bed time. As you will see she is being a normal bully baby having fun.

The picture below is from Friday morning after she had gone to the vet as she developed a limp overnight that was diagnosed as Panosteitis (Growing pains). It is a condition that is seen more frequently in large breed dogs but any puppy can get it. It is basically inflammation of the long bone in the affected leg and irritation of the nerves in the area making it painful to put weight on it. Diagnosis is my by palpation of the area and x-rays that can show increased density in the affected bone. It usually clears up in a few days to a week or longer, but in some cases it can move from leg to leg before it is done with chances of recurrence being possible up until 2 years of age. There is no cure all for this and you can only provide comfort/pain relief with medications and try to keep them as calm as possible to let it run it's course.

Friday:
    Attachment 52095

As you can see in the above picture she is extending her right hind leg to keep pressure off of it. She is also pretty doped up on her meds as well.

Saturday:

Attachment 52096

The above picture here was taken yesterday afternoon. Due to the meds and pain she just wants to lie around and you can obviously tell she is not her normal self.

All is not lost though. Last night she started to put a little more weight on it so here is to hoping she is starting to feel better. I miss playing with my Harlea Bug.....
    Poor baby Loki has growing pains but they never lasted for more then a day. The hedgehog will make her feel better Loki has one too Hugs and slobbery kisses to you all
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@Lokismom Thank you. She is doing much better today and is almost back to being herself. She does love her hedgehog. She has 5 of them and 3 sheepies.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

@Lokismom Thank you. She is doing much better today and is almost back to being herself. She does love her hedgehog. She has 5 of them and 3 sheepies.
    Loki has the same one that he has had since the day that we got him. We call it his baby. It is the only toy that it hasn't broken it's squeaker.
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Day 5 update. Harlea is about 90% back to normal now. Last night she was pretty much back to herself romping and playing. even her nightly 8pm spaz mode returned yet it was a little less intense as it has been but better none the less. This morning she got up went potty and ate breakfast without issue. She still has a bit of a limp but it is almost gone now and has improved 10 fold between yesterday morning and this morning.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Thrilling news! Thanks for keeping us informed. Brutus suddenly developed
    a limp out of the blue and rapidly progressed. I determined it seemed to be
    a strain or bruised tissue and vet said crate, rest & see if it got better. As the
    week progressed he slowly did improve and never had a problem again. It was
    scary and as you say, hurts so badly seeing them in pain & impaired. GOD bless!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Day 5 update. Harlea is about 90% back to normal now. Last night she was pretty much back to herself romping and playing. even her nightly 8pm spaz mode returned yet it was a little less intense as it has been but better none the less. This morning she got up went potty and ate breakfast without issue. She still has a bit of a limp but it is almost gone now and has improved 10 fold between yesterday morning and this morning.
    That is wonderful news! I'm sure you are both so relieved to see a bit more of Harlea coming back out! How are you holding up?

Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@Lisabear123 I am holding up pretty good. Getting better actually. I am just glad she is getting better as it sucked seeing her like she was.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

@Lisabear123 I am holding up pretty good. Getting better actually. I am just glad she is getting better as it sucked seeing her like she was.
    I know it did...n I'm so sry you all had o go through any amount if worry. I'm glad you are ll healing!

Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I apologize for not updating the past few days, but it has been crazy. We are on day 8 now and Harlea appears to be back to her normal hyper active self. Occasionally there is a bit of a limp but it doesn't slow her down anymore. She is running, jumping playing and getting in to everything again. Tonight we are going to let her get back in her kiddie pool for the first time so we will see how it goes. Her new thing now is to keep nudging her kitty brudder until he hops in her toy box then she start dragging the box around the living room with him in it so she is definitely feeling much better. Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers and kind words while we went through this.

Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member HTX Bully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Holly
    Likes (Received)

Yayyy Harlea! Glad to hear 😊

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads