Cant believe vet didn't know!!

nikedunks00

Feb 21, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
chunk
so at the time of the vet visit where i was told he had a hotspot i was on vacation with family so couldn't go to my vet. it seems the spot never cleared and weeks went by so when i got home i went to my normal vet and he told me he chunk haddemodex mange he gave me ivermectin and a antibiotic for the wound he seems to be doing better the only thing is that what can i do to help with the missing hair is their anything i can give him to help with the missing hair? any help would be appreciated

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Like [MENTION=7587]Rural mystic[/MENTION] said it will grow back as soon as the mange is cleared up.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
correct... until the mange is gone the hair will not return

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You got great advice from everyone, all he needs is love, time and medication, and it will heal. Once the mange has cleared up, you could give him some natural immunity boosters like apple cider vinegar in his drinking water, and plain unsweetened yogurt in his kibble everyday. I put 1 Tbsp of ACV in the drinking water everyday, and 1 or 2 Tbsp yogurt in the kibble everyday. They will boost his immunities, and ACV naturally kills bad bacteria in the body.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.