Domino has knots on her back.....

dominomom

Jul 31, 2013
Nacogdoches,TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Domino
we had to run alot of errands today and Domino was in her kennel for 6 hours, the kennel was clean. when I left this morning she had a smooth coat and no bumps we get home and she has about 2 dozen small knots on her back...they are not fleas or ticks...but she acts like they itch. She is not scratching them but she puts herself where we do. Anybody have any ideas what it could be?.

Attachments

• IMG_20130809_204712.jpg
    IMG_20130809_204712.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 127

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Have you put any flea medication on her lately?

OP
D

dominomom

Jul 31, 2013
Nacogdoches,TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Domino
she had trifexis a week ago.... it is not topical...i'm at a loss.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
have you cleaned or used a new cleaning product ? Like fabric softener or spray? Looks like reaction to something.

OP
D

dominomom

Jul 31, 2013
Nacogdoches,TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Domino
have you cleaned or used a new cleaning product ? Like fabric softener or spray? Looks like reaction to something.
thats is what i thought but i have changed nothing since we got her.....i've left her alone before but not for that long, she kenneled and didn't make a fuss, and when we got home i went straight to her to take her out and she wasn't overly excitable so i'm at a loss. She hasn't had anymore appear but none are gone yet either.....

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
[MENTION=9490]dominomom[/MENTION] Try giving her some benedryl it will help with the itching. 1mg per pound. Someone should be by soon who might be able to give you some more advise. You can also give her a bath and do a vinegar rinse (1cup of vinegar to 1 gallon of water) let it soak for 5 mins and then dry off do not rinse the vinegar off.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ashley gave good advice , Benadryl. Call the vet first thing tomorrow. She's got an allergic to something.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, you already got great advice from members above, I agree with their comments, I was going to say a allergic reaction to something, can be anything, like food, new treats, new cleaners, or detergents in the house, or she could have been bitten by something? Mosquitoes, or some other bug. Try the Benadryl and if it goes away, then it's an allergic reaction of some sort. Keep an eye on her and if she doesn't improve after the antihistamine then ask her vet. Hope it's nothing serious, and she gets better soon. Keep us posted as to how she's doing.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree, it's allergies, or she got into something when she went outside and it's hives. Benedryl will help. Plus I would not give any of my bullies the poison Tryfexis it killed a good friend of ours two year old beautiful bully boy, and others. I will tag [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] as she knows more about it than I do.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I would stay as far away from Trifexis as possible. There are major lawsuits against Elanco. But as for those spots, definitely benadryl, and keep a very very close eye on him. Monitor his temperature and his breathing and if anything at all seems out of sorts take him immediately to an emergency vet. If in the morning he seems to be breathing just fine, I would still contact your regular doctor to find out when you can bring him in for a general check up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

OP
D

dominomom

Jul 31, 2013
Nacogdoches,TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Domino
thank you everyone for the help! the knots are still there but the benedryl helps her not itch....we are getting ready for another bath right now, i was so exhausted last night i couldn't really look at the spots so we are gonna do it again. At least she likes baths she thinks it's water playtime! lol

Most Reactions