OP
Simplyparis22

Simplyparis22

May 25, 2013
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball, Maddy, And Lulu
Her appetite is great! She loves to eat I've been feeding her 3 times a day.
She's been eating ProPac since she was a baby. And I even was gonna up it to 4 times a day just to help her gain ssome weight. Her poop is normal. She drinks normally. And she is hyper hyper hyper. Which strikes me as odd because I've walked her a lot and she is still hyper. She's never showed any signs of having any heart problems! Well thanks to those breeders they hit the jack pot on creating a tea cup size bulldog. And now she's suffering. Small wonders takes the dogs in that the breeder surrender and try to find them good homes. Maddy is lulus mom and she was a puppy mill dog. I am so happy I got her because she was bred too many times. They gave maddy up because they couldn't breed her anymore. However she came to me with fangs missing, yellow teeth, hair missing, bad odor. And lulu came to me so tiny. I took care of them and I'm not regretting getting them because I love them. I'm just devastated lulu might not even out live her mom. I'm also upset with small wonders rescue for doing this! They have foster moms take in the dogs to their care until they find a good home. Seems like I got a foster mom who failed to tell me lulu would stay this small and be this thin.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well the first thing is to get her to a real bully vet and see what he says, and then a cardiologist. How much are you feeding her? Maybe increase her food intact, plus has she been checked for intestinal worms. There are small bullies out there, a friend of ours has one and she weighs about 28 lbs. The heart problem should not be making her that skinny, so either she is not getting enough food intake, or something else is going n with her, and only a GOOD bully vet will be able to find out.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Her appetite is great! She loves to eat I've been feeding her 3 times a day.
She's been eating ProPac since she was a baby. And I even was gonna up it to 4 times a day just to help her gain ssome weight. Her poop is normal. She drinks normally. And she is hyper hyper hyper. Which strikes me as odd because I've walked her a lot and she is still hyper. She's never showed any signs of having any heart problems! Well thanks to those breeders they hit the jack pot on creating a tea cup size bulldog. And now she's suffering. Small wonders takes the dogs in that the breeder surrender and try to find them good homes. Maddy is lulus mom and she was a puppy mill dog. I am so happy I got her because she was bred too many times. They gave maddy up because they couldn't breed her anymore. However she came to me with fangs missing, yellow teeth, hair missing, bad odor. And lulu came to me so tiny. I took care of them and I'm not regretting getting them because I love them. I'm just devastated lulu might not even out live her mom. I'm also upset with small wonders rescue for doing this! They have foster moms take in the dogs to their care until they find a good home. Seems like I got a foster mom who failed to tell me lulu would stay this small and be this thin.

I'm thinking a hyper dog would be thin yes, but not have a heart problem. A heart problem would tire her out. The best thing I can say is get that other opinion like David said from a bully vet.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for the kindness. No lulu is purebred English bulldog nothing mixed. & yes I feel like there is bigger issues going on here. Lulu did not start looking like this bad until a few weeks ago. Also, the Indiana rescue was called small wonders. This is where breeders surrender dogs. I was skeptical because she was 6 weeks old not even fully weaned! My heart is breaking I have the smallest English bulldog in the world I'm sure of it. I've googled photos and no English bulldog is as small or thin as her. It must have been something gone wrong when they bred her parents. I actually rescued her mom as well! Her mom has showed no issues just allergies. I'm so confused. Doesn't anyone have a little English bulldog like little lulu?
Look at our auction page they're is a sweetheart tiny tiny bulldog on there. You need to take her for a solid second recommendation. Please.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I would take her to a real bully vet and ask about worms and parasites both of those can make her thin and make her not gain weight. Also my Lola is a really hyper bully and I had to find food that is higher is protein and fat to get her to gain. I would be looking into a different food. I also would not put her down what so ever tell you get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 100th opinion. Please keep us updated!

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Please keep us updated on what the second vet says. Will be :pray: for you and your baby.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so sorry you're going through this worry with your baby Lulu, I also agree with everyone that you should get a second opinion, and see if there isn't something else going on, or if it is heart related. If nothing else they should do some tests, starting with blood tests, to see if they can find anything. That vet was really insensitive for the comments he made, especially when he didn't really properly examine or test her. I would be switching vets, for someone with more compassion, and experience with bulldogs. Good luck, Hun, I hope there's nothing seriously wrong with Lulu, and if she does have a heart murmur that it is one that won't affect her, and she can live a oral life with it. Please keep us posted.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I had a tiny toy poodle years ago. I had taken her to a groomer, and when I picked her up, she seemed to have a cough, and she was still wet from a bath. She was 3 months old. I thought maybe she had caught a cold from not being dried after a bath. The next day, she still had a cough, and I took her to my vet. Turned out she had a heart problem. My vet said she would need surgery. He made an appt. with the University of Tn/Knoxville Veterinary hosp. She was the smallest dog that they had ever done this heart procedure to. She stayed in hosp. for two weeks. She went into congestive heart failure after we arrived,(before surgery) so they had to wait several days, before they could do surgery. Someone there even slept with her in oxygen tent to keep her calm. She made it through the surgery, and lived to be 13 years of age. We had been told if she didn't have the surgery, she would not make it.
It is worth taking your baby to a GOOD vet so that you will know what the diagnoses is and what could be done. At least you will know you did not give up too soon. Prayers for you and your little one.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Where do I go from here?

Where do you go? The first place you should go is to a quiet place and calm down :yes: There is no sense in stressing what you don't know. Honestly. It won't do you a bit of good. She can feel your stress and if there is something wrong with her it could aggravate the condition. Stay positive! The only thing you know right now is that you don't know anything. So take that and run with it. And while you're running with that... run as far away as you can from that doctor. As others have said, find another vet. You want a full workup done on her. You want a complete physical, a full CBC and urinalysis done. Then go from there. Do yourself a favor (and this is something I wish everyone would do) get a copy of all her test results. Even if they appear to be normal, it's helpful to have a history of her health records. That way if God forbid something does go wrong you don't have to stress remembering exactly what the doctor said.

Don't try too hard to put weight on her. Feed her some extra calories with each meal but don't work too hard at it. Too much weight too soon can cause a whole lot of other problems that you don't want or need. Feed her a high quality food with maybe some cheese on top and let nature take it's course. I'm suggesting cheese because it will add extra protein and calcium to her body. Calcium and protein builds muscle and that is what will help her put on some healthy weight. You can add any cheese you have. Cheddar, Parmesan, Mozzarella, Ricotta, goat, feta.... the shredded kind works best for measuring. Just take a small handful and sprinkle it on there. The only warning that I will give you is to try to stay away from the cheese slices that you buy in the butter isle. Those are so processed that I don't even think they qualify as food anymore. There are other things that I would say you do but you can't give her too many new things at once. Her tiny body needs time to adjust. Start with cheeses then we'll talk :)

It's possible that she is just a small bulldog, maybe bred to be one of those designer mini's that people keep wanting. But you won't know that until you have a good vet look at her.

In the meantime, just love her. Oh, and give her a big kiss from us at EBN :hug:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Where do you go? The first place you should go is to a quiet place and calm down :yes: There is no sense in stressing what you don't know. Honestly. It won't do you a bit of good. She can feel your stress and if there is something wrong with her it could aggravate the condition. Stay positive! The only thing you know right now is that you don't know anything. So take that and run with it. And while you're running with that... run as far away as you can from that doctor. As others have said, find another vet. You want a full workup done on her. You want a complete physical, a full CBC and urinalysis done. Then go from there. Do yourself a favor (and this is something I wish everyone would do) get a copy of all her test results. Even if they appear to be normal, it's helpful to have a history of her health records. That way if God forbid something does go wrong you don't have to stress remembering exactly what the doctor said.

Don't try too hard to put weight on her. Feed her some extra calories with each meal but don't work too hard at it. Too much weight too soon can cause a whole lot of other problems that you don't want or need. Feed her a high quality food with maybe some cheese on top and let nature take it's course. I'm suggesting cheese because it will add extra protein and calcium to her body. Calcium and protein builds muscle and that is what will help her put on some healthy weight. You can add any cheese you have. Cheddar, Parmesan, Mozzarella, Ricotta, goat, feta.... the shredded kind works best for measuring. Just take a small handful and sprinkle it on there. The only warning that I will give you is to try to stay away from the cheese slices that you buy in the butter isle. Those are so processed that I don't even think they qualify as food anymore. There are other things that I would say you do but you can't give her too many new things at once. Her tiny body needs time to adjust. Start with cheeses then we'll talk :)

It's possible that she is just a small bulldog, maybe bred to be one of those designer mini's that people keep wanting. But you won't know that until you have a good vet look at her.

In the meantime, just love her. Oh, and give her a big kiss from us at EBN :hug:

Great post in every way...EBN and it's members are so lucky to have you here.

I love YOU, Bev...GOD bless you, my dear, dear friend!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.