Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: English bulldog dying?! She's only 7 months :(

Quote Originally Posted by Simplyparis22 View Post
    Where do I go from here?

Where do you go? The first place you should go is to a quiet place and calm down There is no sense in stressing what you don't know. Honestly. It won't do you a bit of good. She can feel your stress and if there is something wrong with her it could aggravate the condition. Stay positive! The only thing you know right now is that you don't know anything. So take that and run with it. And while you're running with that... run as far away as you can from that doctor. As others have said, find another vet. You want a full workup done on her. You want a complete physical, a full CBC and urinalysis done. Then go from there. Do yourself a favor (and this is something I wish everyone would do) get a copy of all her test results. Even if they appear to be normal, it's helpful to have a history of her health records. That way if God forbid something does go wrong you don't have to stress remembering exactly what the doctor said.

Don't try too hard to put weight on her. Feed her some extra calories with each meal but don't work too hard at it. Too much weight too soon can cause a whole lot of other problems that you don't want or need. Feed her a high quality food with maybe some cheese on top and let nature take it's course. I'm suggesting cheese because it will add extra protein and calcium to her body. Calcium and protein builds muscle and that is what will help her put on some healthy weight. You can add any cheese you have. Cheddar, Parmesan, Mozzarella, Ricotta, goat, feta.... the shredded kind works best for measuring. Just take a small handful and sprinkle it on there. The only warning that I will give you is to try to stay away from the cheese slices that you buy in the butter isle. Those are so processed that I don't even think they qualify as food anymore. There are other things that I would say you do but you can't give her too many new things at once. Her tiny body needs time to adjust. Start with cheeses then we'll talk

It's possible that she is just a small bulldog, maybe bred to be one of those designer mini's that people keep wanting. But you won't know that until you have a good vet look at her.

In the meantime, just love her. Oh, and give her a big kiss from us at EBN

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: English bulldog dying?! She's only 7 months :(

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    Where do you go? The first place you should go is to a quiet place and calm down There is no sense in stressing what you don't know. Honestly. It won't do you a bit of good. She can feel your stress and if there is something wrong with her it could aggravate the condition. Stay positive! The only thing you know right now is that you don't know anything. So take that and run with it. And while you're running with that... run as far away as you can from that doctor. As others have said, find another vet. You want a full workup done on her. You want a complete physical, a full CBC and urinalysis done. Then go from there. Do yourself a favor (and this is something I wish everyone would do) get a copy of all her test results. Even if they appear to be normal, it's helpful to have a history of her health records. That way if God forbid something does go wrong you don't have to stress remembering exactly what the doctor said.

Don't try too hard to put weight on her. Feed her some extra calories with each meal but don't work too hard at it. Too much weight too soon can cause a whole lot of other problems that you don't want or need. Feed her a high quality food with maybe some cheese on top and let nature take it's course. I'm suggesting cheese because it will add extra protein and calcium to her body. Calcium and protein builds muscle and that is what will help her put on some healthy weight. You can add any cheese you have. Cheddar, Parmesan, Mozzarella, Ricotta, goat, feta.... the shredded kind works best for measuring. Just take a small handful and sprinkle it on there. The only warning that I will give you is to try to stay away from the cheese slices that you buy in the butter isle. Those are so processed that I don't even think they qualify as food anymore. There are other things that I would say you do but you can't give her too many new things at once. Her tiny body needs time to adjust. Start with cheeses then we'll talk

It's possible that she is just a small bulldog, maybe bred to be one of those designer mini's that people keep wanting. But you won't know that until you have a good vet look at her.

In the meantime, just love her. Oh, and give her a big kiss from us at EBN

Great post in every way...EBN and it's members are so lucky to have you here.

I love YOU, Bev...GOD bless you, my dear, dear friend!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads