Help Needed! Foamy Throwup..and up through the night..

CanadianCutie

Aug 6, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash

Cash didn't have the best day yesturday..

We got home later than normal, the wonderful lady who takes Cash during the day had him out around 7pm about 30 mins before we got home.

I fed him his 1 C. of Acana duck and pear food - that he's been on since April 2013.

Aprox 30 mins after feeding him he starts to pant funny, husband and I wondering if he is too hot..call him to see if he wants to get off of the area rug and onto the hard word, he looks up and vomits white foamy bile - a few kibbles in there.

Husband puts him outside on the deck just to prevent him from eating it (which he loves to do)..and then he barfs a bit more..husband stops him again from eating it again..

He appeared fine after that. No problems. A little restless in his bed..otherwise ok.

We let him out for his last wander in the yard at aprox 1145pm and he goes into his bed fine, as normal.

Around 1am he comes into our bedroom from his bed in the living room - he has never come into our room in the middle of the night. I got husband up (night time is a blue job!); incase he has to go out..and husband took him out and nothing. He sat in the grass in the yard.

Between 2-3 am Cash was up again - husband took him out, Cash had a pee, that is all. Back to bed.

This AM at 6am, when we got up to get ready for work, ect, he seemed fine. Tired, but fine. He wasn't excited that we were up like he normally is. I think that being up through the night did him in!

I also should mention that b/c we want to maximize the amount of water that the big guy gets, we do put warm-ish water in w/ his kibble to just ensure he gets a little more water. He does drink a decent amount however if I can trick him into a little more,better; right?

Last night BEFORE he ate; he had a BIG drink and then again afterwards. He normally does not drink any water before eating.

Should we be worried? :confused:

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
If he isnt having bowel movements and he is continuing to throw up it could be an obstruction. If he continues to throw up and act uncomfortable and does not go #2 you might want to take him to the vet. Pray for :poo:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I never experienced an obstruction, so I will tag a few others. But, my bulldog did this and it was usually from his allergies causeing an upset belly

OP
CanadianCutie

CanadianCutie

Aug 6, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash
Thanks everyone!
No obstruction. He felt ok the next day.
A little 'off' but ok. Had a decent poop..not regular size, but nice and firm - If you can even call poop nice?!..
Maybe allergies or a little over heated? We are SUPER aware of how sensitive he is to temperatures but maybe he sun tanned a little too much!
He does love his sunshine, believe it or not!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I know the feeling about sunshine. Harlea loves to sun bathe but we try our best to limit her to only a few minutes at a time. In the house is no biggie as the door she lays in front of is insulated to light comes in but not the heat.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki has coughed up this white phlegm foam before as recommended by other member we keep lemon juice on hand and give him a shot if it seems phlegm in his mouth, his was because of his allergies. If he is not having any other issues I would say keep and eye on him. Loki loves the sun too kind weird that dog that over heats so easy loves the sun so much :)

Most Reactions