Very Worried

Ivettecumba

Nov 10, 2012
Country
Elwood Park, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Milo
hello,

I need advice ASAP, I have a one year old english bulldog he is the baby in the family. This morning at 4:30 my husband woke me up to tell me that their was something wrong with Milo. We checked on him and saw him shaking his head for about 30seconds then I pat him for a little bit and it happend again. Does someone out there has have experience some thing like this.
Please Help!!!:newhere:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Is this the first time it has happened? Sounds like Head Tremors. I haven't experienced them before but others on this site have and I would image someone with more knowledge than me will be along soon. Hang in there I know it is scary as can be.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree it does sound like head tremors. I'm gonna tag people that are familiar w/these... [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
It sounds like an idiot Patrick hedge trimmers to me... LOL,..... That's the problem with using dictation software. this totally sounds like head tremors to me. Tremors can be caused by various reasons, one of them being low blood sugar. You can try giving them a little snack at bedtime. There are several people that will come along and suggest to you what you might be able to use. keep us updated!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It sounds like an idiot Patrick hedge trimmers to me... LOL,..... That's the problem with using dictation software. this totally sounds like head tremors to me. Tremors can be caused by various reasons, one of them being low blood sugar. You can try giving them a little snack at bedtime. There are several people that will come along and suggest to you what you might be able to use. keep us updated!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

:huh:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Sounds like head tremors. First time my Samson had one I freaked out. He could walk, eat, drink, do everything the same his head was just shaking from side to side almost like he was shaking his head no. My vet said as long as it stays that way when he has these tremors, no loss of consciousness, no falling, etc as long as he is pretty normal except the head bobbing then there is no cause for concern. I still made an appointment, had them give Sam blood tests and stuff, just freaked me out so bad! Everything came back normal though so I just keep an eye on him when he has them now.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Great advice given already, I agree w/them...sending hugs of comfort :assurred:

​Milo is so handsome, more pics please! Praying over him & for y'all, GOD bless!

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
So sorry you had such a scare. Our lab had a few instance of head tremors. We did film the tremor to show the vet he was able to tell us right away what it was. I strongly suggest you film if it happens again and show your vet. We were told to give him a tbls of honey or corn syrup once the tremor starts. It worked and stopped the tremor. He hasnt had one for over 2 yrs but we keep honey in the pantry just in case.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So sorry you had such a scare. Our lab had a few instance of head tremors. We did film the tremor to show the vet he was able to tell us right away what it was. I strongly suggest you film if it happens again and show your vet. We were told to give him a tbls of honey or corn syrup once the tremor starts. It worked and stopped the tremor. He hasnt had one for over 2 yrs but we keep honey in the pantry just in case.

We had to give our cat corn syrup too... He was a diabetic & would sometimes have seizure's. So scary...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
We had to give our cat corn syrup too... He was a diabetic & would sometimes have seizure's. So scary...

Yah its almost like a drop in blood pressure. Scared the day lights out of us had my husband running around to get ready to take him to the emergency vet and I was filming him while crying. Think we scared him more then the tremors did.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yah its almost like a drop in blood pressure. Scared the day lights out of us had my husband running around to get ready to take him to the emergency vet and I was filming him while crying. Think we scared him more then the tremors did.

We freaked out too the first time. Midi looked at us when it was over like... Hey what happened?!! Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hello,

I need advice ASAP, I have a one year old english bulldog he is the baby in the family. This morning at 4:30 my husband woke me up to tell me that their was something wrong with Milo. We checked on him and saw him shaking his head for about 30seconds then I pat him for a little bit and it happend again. Does someone out there has have experience some thing like this.
Please Help!!!:newhere:

Everything OK now..... sounds like head tremors as other have said ---- distract her when they happen with a treat and they will easily stop. Say her name, if she response )looking at you or comes to you) they are head tremors, if no response.... it needs a vet exam as it could be something more

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.