Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
She is doing pretty good. The vet told us that this is one of those things that is self limiting for the most part and it definately shows as she hasn't wrestled with her kitty brudder at all today for a change. They did tell us to let her do as much as she wants but to keep her as calm as possible until the limping goes away which can take a few days to a week or so to go away. Basicaly the nerve endings in the long bone of her leg are inflamed from growing so quickly. So she is in a bit of pain right now but we have meds for her if she really needs it. The only thing that bothers me that the vet said is that while this will go away it will usually but not always bounce from leg to leg before it fully clears up. I hate seeing my baby in pain and wish I could take the hurt away.

You and your wife are such wonderful bully parents. She is very lucky to have you both.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=9236]Lisabear123[/MENTION] Thank you. Today has been an emotional rollercoaster between this and other things going on.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:whew: what a couple of days for you..... hugs to you Harlea and your daughter

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
So glad it is growing pains and not hip or knee issues. She'll be back to her playful little self before you know it!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Thank you everyone. It has been a rough day for sure. She just had he night time meds and is lying on the couch next to her skin brother getting ready crash for the night.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Well... Day 2... Harlea is no wore or no better. She still doesn't want to put weight on her leg which we were told would happen as it is her way of limiting herself. She is eating normally and taking her meds like a big girl. We moved one of her bed right next to the couch so she can lie down close to us.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You're great parents. She just needs rest till this passes. ;)

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
You're great parents. She just needs rest till this passes. ;)

Thank you. It means a lot. I just wish I could take her pain away. Seeing her not like her usual spunky self really does suck.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​It's insane how much we love our bullies...give your cutie soft hugs from me & Cami.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Aww im so sorry to hear your baby is not well i just saw your post ;-( hope she will be back to her normal self soon xx

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Aww im so sorry to hear your baby is not well i just saw your post ;-( hope she will be back to her normal self soon xx

Thank you. She has been lounging around most of the day and got all happy when my nephew came over and she got to give him lots of kisses. She is starting to put a little more weight on her leg now but is no where normal. Just a few steps at a time.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
It takes time -i always say same thing "one step at the time" she will be better xx

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
That's good to hear, Todd. She will get better in no time with the rest she's getting. Similar thing recently happened to Finn--limp came out of nowhere. It's so worrisome for us parents but she'll get there and soon will be running around like her old self again. :luv:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.