Harlea Limping Heading to Vet

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Glad Harlea is ok. I noticed this also in Fergus and mentioned it to our vet he who told me it was growing pains I was told I would see it off and on but if it he continued to limp in the next few days and feels pain they would take xrays.

They sure keep us on our toes!! :yes:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Glad to hear its nothing serious. Chum had a bad limp last summer that lasted a few weeks and eventually went away. I give him a few phycox chondroitin chews every night with dinner that a lot of people swore by for hip and joint problems and havent had any issues since last summer..Glad to hear there wasnt anything wrong! Shell be up and around in no time!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I know what you mean and would've done the exact same. I did actually. Wish I had come on here earlier. Is the pain med rimadyl?

No worries my friend. Its all good. I believe it is rimadyl. 1/4 pill as needed. I am waiting to get my allergy shots and don't have meds in front of at the moment.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, so glad to be reading that Harlea is okay, and it wasn't anything serious. It's always better to be safe than sorry though. I hope she feels better soon, and gets back to her old self. Love and hugs for Harlea

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
So glad she is ok tho. Going pains can hurt poor lil baby...extra hugs to her please!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=9236]Lisabear123[/MENTION] Will do.
@pdolphin27 Harlea's pain med is 1/2 of a Tarmadol tablet as needed. Rimadyl is the other one she got and that is 1/4 tablet twice a day.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Whew - glad to hear - when Truman was diagnosed with severe hip dysplasia, we were PRAYING it was panoestetis...which is painful, but thankfully resolves on its own!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@Lisabear123 Will do.
@pdolphin27 Harlea's pain med is 1/2 of a Tarmadol tablet as needed. Rimadyl is the other one she got and that is 1/4 tablet twice a day.

thank you. If she doesn't look like she's limping tomorrow you don't have to give it to her. Only if you think she may be in pain. It can really knock these babies out.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Just reading this... I'm so glad Harlea's okay! I had no idea bullies had growing pains. Learn something new on this site everyday... Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Just reading this... I'm so glad Harlea's okay! I had no idea bullies had growing pains. Learn something new on this site everyday... Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Neither did I that is why we took her in. We thought she had hurt something while in her crate.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
She doing ok now? Romping n all?
She is sleeping right now but when she is up she is still limping pretty badly which the vet said could take a few days to a week or so to go away.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh Todd, somehow I missed this! :( I'm so glad it's growing pains, is she
supposed to be keep quiet...is it hurting her? Keeping all y'all in prayer!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Oh Todd, somehow I missed this! :( I'm so glad it's growing pains, is she
supposed to be keep quiet...is it hurting her? Keeping all y'all in prayer!

She is doing pretty good. The vet told us that this is one of those things that is self limiting for the most part and it definately shows as she hasn't wrestled with her kitty brudder at all today for a change. They did tell us to let her do as much as she wants but to keep her as calm as possible until the limping goes away which can take a few days to a week or so to go away. Basicaly the nerve endings in the long bone of her leg are inflamed from growing so quickly. So she is in a bit of pain right now but we have meds for her if she really needs it. The only thing that bothers me that the vet said is that while this will go away it will usually but not always bounce from leg to leg before it fully clears up. I hate seeing my baby in pain and wish I could take the hurt away.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online