The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
My wife is on her way to the vet with Harlea this morning. We don't know what happened but she was perfectly fine last night when she went to bed. This morning we started our normal routine with Harlea getting up and going potty around 5:30am but we noticed she was limping a little bit. She did her business and ate her breakfast in her crate just fine and came out and played with the water fountain in the kitchen like she usually does but she wouldn't put weight on her right hind leg yet she is not whimpering at all. As my wife was holding her I looked between her toes and felt around her leg/hip and couldn't feel or see anything obvious so off to the vet she goes. I am hoping it is nothing serious but I cannot figure out what has happened as she was fine before she went to her crate for the night. Maybe she just slept funky or pulled a muscle stretching. Keeping my fingers crossed.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
My wife is on her way to the vet with Harlea this morning. We don't know what happened but she was perfectly fine last night when she went to bed. This morning we started our normal routine with Harlea getting up and going potty around 5:30am but we noticed she was limping a little bit. She did her business and ate her breakfast in her crate just fine and came out and played with the water fountain in the kitchen like she usually does but she wouldn't put weight on her right hind leg yet she is not whimpering at all. As my wife was holding her I looked between her toes and felt around her leg/hip and couldn't feel or see anything obvious so off to the vet she goes. I am hoping it is nothing serious but I cannot figure out what has happened as she was fine before she went to her crate for the night. Maybe she just slept funky or pulled a muscle stretching. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I am curious to see what the outcome is because the same exact thing happened to Brutus a few weeks back. no apparent injury but limping and non weight bearing. I figured he pulled a muscle since he thinks he is a flying squirrel:ohmy:. I gave him an aspirin and kept him quiet for a couple of days and it seems to have resolved on its own. Although now I am convinced he has a terrible hip disease and I freak out when anyone tries to rough house with him. (I'm a bit over protective). Good luck. I am anxiously awaiting the result.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
They just took her back for x-rays as when the vet hit a spot and moved her leg in a certain way she growled at them according to my wife.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww. Hope it's nothing serious with Harlea. Sometimes it can be the way they lay on their side or on their leg all night, and they wake up a little stiff or sore. I've noticed it once in Blossom, after she's got up in the morning, and limped a little, but then was fine when she got moving around, or maybe she could have either pulled a muscle, or strained herself by jumping off the couch or a bed, and you didn't notice, sometimes they leap off the couch, or off of the bed, or they p,ay really hard at the park, and they land, and you think nothing of it, and then the next day they are limping. Maybe she strained or pulled something. Hope all is well, and she feels better soon. Keep us posted as to what the vet says.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Awwww poor baby! They will figure it out n she will be just fine! She prolly just layed weird on it or hurt it romping around...paws crossed that is all! Please let us know ASAP!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Aww. Hope it's nothing serious with Harlea. Sometimes it can be the way they lay on their side or on their leg all night, and they wake up a little stiff or sore. I've noticed it once in Blossom, after she's got up in the morning, and limped a little, but then was fine when she got moving around, or maybe she could have either pulled a muscle, or strained herself by jumping off the couch or a bed, and you didn't notice, sometimes they leap off the couch, or off of the bed, or they p,ay really hard at the park, and they land, and you think nothing of it, and then the next day they are limping. Maybe she strained or pulled something. Hope all is well, and she feels better soon. Keep us posted as to what the vet says.
I thought that as well, but she doesn't jump off the couch yet. We pick her up and put her down.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Sweet little Harlea. Hope she feels better.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers. Harlea is home now and there are no broken bones, ligament issues or hip problems. They diagnosed her with Panosteitis basically a fancy word for growing pains. So we have to keep her settled a bit for the next few days and she goes for a recheck in 10 days. I was feeling like a bad daddy but I feel much better now.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] growing pains. hope it didn't cost a bunch. Same thing happened to me and the same diagnosis with Buster. Their bones are quicker then their frame.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] it wasn't too bad. A bit more than I was expecting but not enough to file a claim on her insurance. They said she would have been fine in a few days even if we wouldn't have brought her in but I didn't want to take that chance with the weekend coming up. She does have a pain med that we are supposed to give her the next few days though.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@pdolphin27 it wasn't too bad. A bit more than I was expecting but not enough to file a claim on her insurance. They said she would have been fine in a few days even if we wouldn't have brought her in but I didn't want to take that chance with the weekend coming up. She does have a pain med that we are supposed to give her the next few days though.

I know what you mean and would've done the exact same. I did actually. Wish I had come on here earlier. Is the pain med rimadyl?

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
@Marine91 growing pains. hope it didn't cost a bunch. Same thing happened to me and the same diagnosis with Buster. Their bones are quicker then their frame.

Glad Harlea is ok. I noticed this also in Fergus and mentioned it to our vet he who told me it was growing pains I was told I would see it off and on but if it he continued to limp in the next few days and feels pain they would take xrays.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online