Thread: pictures of my bully and his skin issues along with his weight

Real Name
    Ashley
    Country
    USA
    Oceanside, California, United States ( Native South East Texan)
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dixie and Kooper
    Likes (Received)

Unhappy pictures of my bully and his skin issues along with his weight

-dsc01575-jpg-dsc01582-jpg-dsc01578-jpg-dsc01574-jpg

As you can see he is really thin and his back has most of the hot spots, but there is a few on his face and the underside of his neck. :-(

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: pictures of my bully and his skin issues along with his weight

Poor little guy.... he does need to put on some weight. and, I think the spots are hot spots.... you want to shave the area and keep it dry and clean. I am going to tag some members to get you the food info you need and more insight on the skin issues
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Doggie Boutique Owner FORDE'SMOM's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Forde
    Likes (Received)

poor baby......does he not want to eat ?

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DixieKooper09 View Post
    -dsc01575-jpg-dsc01582-jpg-dsc01578-jpg-dsc01574-jpg

As you can see he is really thin and his back has most of the hot spots, but there is a few on his face and the underside of his neck. :-(

Hi DixieKooper

IMO I would surely change the food and keep him in a cool place, out of the heat. If you aren't feeding grain free food , you may want to consider buying a grain free food. Even try a raw diet if you like. I'd say he could use about 3 cups of good food a day, even add some home cooked on top of his food. If possible, feed him twice a day.
    Fresh water multiple times a day.
    Benadryl twice daily, he looks like he weighs enough to have two tablets at a time. 50 lbs = 50mg.
    Also a bath with antibacterial shampoo . I just found one I'm testing from Amazon, Douxo shampoo. We don't have the need for it right now, but I want to test it anyway. also, after you rinse him really good, take one gallon of water to one cup of white vinegar and pour it over him. leave it on , don't rinse it off, then dry with towel. this will balance his ph level. his allergy could also come from grass. never the less, it's an allergy and his resistance is down.
    also I've found by giving one vitamin c tablet and one zinc tablet a day helps to bring up the resistance and helps the skin allergies to clear up without the need for antibiotics. please keep us posted
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    Hi DixieKooper

IMO I would surely change the food and keep him in a cool place, out of the heat. If you aren't feeding grain free food , you may want to consider buying a grain free food. Even try a raw diet if you like. I'd say he could use about 3 cups of good food a day, even add some home cooked on top of his food. If possible, feed him twice a day.
    Fresh water multiple times a day.
    Benadryl twice daily, he looks like he weighs enough to have two tablets at a time. 50 lbs = 50mg.
    Also a bath with antibacterial shampoo . I just found one I'm testing from Amazon, Douxo shampoo. We don't have the need for it right now, but I want to test it anyway. also, after you rinse him really good, take one gallon of water to one cup of white vinegar and pour it over him. leave it on , don't rinse it off, then dry with towel. this will balance his ph level. his allergy could also come from grass. never the less, it's an allergy and his resistance is down.
    also I've found by giving one vitamin c tablet and one zinc tablet a day helps to bring up the resistance and helps the skin allergies to clear up without the need for antibiotics. please keep us posted
    Great advice and tips from all, I agree with Sherry that his immune system is low
    and not fighting off the infection. Antibiotics just weaken that further. Let us know
    and GOD bless!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

cant really add much to what sherry said. i use duoxo ps shampoo and its great for skin issues. you can also give a probiotic to help with the immune system. just one from the drug store is fine. keep us updated. oh and hot spots need to be shaved and dried out. you can put peroxide on them to help heal as they are bacteria. the duoxo ps shampoo will also help with this. if you dont have that hibliclenz from the drug store can be used to wash them in.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Poor sweet boy. A really GOOD FOOD will do wonders for him.

My first bully had all kinds of problems. Had I known what I know now (since hanging at EBN), I know food would have solved all of them. I was feeding Iams -- and thought that was good food. Jeez. What I didn't know back then about bullies could fill a book.

Real Name
    Ashley
    Country
    USA
    Oceanside, California, United States ( Native South East Texan)
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dixie and Kooper
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all for the advice and concerns. He is MY baby. My hubby decided to get our female first then i fell in love with her and decided to get kooper. He has a special place in my heart and when i see him like this it makes me more sad than i can even express. i will keep everyone updated and if you have any further suggestions PLEASE do not hesitate to throw them my way!

Remove Ads