DixieKooper09

Aug 8, 2013
Oceanside, California, United States ( Native Sout
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dixie and Kooper
DSC01575.jpgDSC01582.jpgDSC01578.jpgDSC01574.jpg

As you can see he is really thin and his back has most of the hot spots, but there is a few on his face and the underside of his neck. :-(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor little guy.... he does need to put on some weight. and, I think the spots are hot spots.... you want to shave the area and keep it dry and clean. I am going to tag some members to get you the food info you need and more insight on the skin issues

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
poor baby......does he not want to eat ? :(

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
View attachment 51528View attachment 51529View attachment 51530View attachment 51531

As you can see he is really thin and his back has most of the hot spots, but there is a few on his face and the underside of his neck. :-(

Hi DixieKooper

IMO I would surely change the food and keep him in a cool place, out of the heat. If you aren't feeding grain free food , you may want to consider buying a grain free food. Even try a raw diet if you like. I'd say he could use about 3 cups of good food a day, even add some home cooked on top of his food. If possible, feed him twice a day.
Fresh water multiple times a day.
Benadryl twice daily, he looks like he weighs enough to have two tablets at a time. 50 lbs = 50mg.
Also a bath with antibacterial shampoo . I just found one I'm testing from Amazon, Douxo shampoo. We don't have the need for it right now, but I want to test it anyway. also, after you rinse him really good, take one gallon of water to one cup of white vinegar and pour it over him. leave it on , don't rinse it off, then dry with towel. this will balance his ph level. his allergy could also come from grass. never the less, it's an allergy and his resistance is down.
also I've found by giving one vitamin c tablet and one zinc tablet a day helps to bring up the resistance and helps the skin allergies to clear up without the need for antibiotics. please keep us posted

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hi DixieKooper

IMO I would surely change the food and keep him in a cool place, out of the heat. If you aren't feeding grain free food , you may want to consider buying a grain free food. Even try a raw diet if you like. I'd say he could use about 3 cups of good food a day, even add some home cooked on top of his food. If possible, feed him twice a day.
Fresh water multiple times a day.
Benadryl twice daily, he looks like he weighs enough to have two tablets at a time. 50 lbs = 50mg.
Also a bath with antibacterial shampoo . I just found one I'm testing from Amazon, Douxo shampoo. We don't have the need for it right now, but I want to test it anyway. also, after you rinse him really good, take one gallon of water to one cup of white vinegar and pour it over him. leave it on , don't rinse it off, then dry with towel. this will balance his ph level. his allergy could also come from grass. never the less, it's an allergy and his resistance is down.
also I've found by giving one vitamin c tablet and one zinc tablet a day helps to bring up the resistance and helps the skin allergies to clear up without the need for antibiotics. please keep us posted

Great advice and tips from all, I agree with Sherry that his immune system is low
and not fighting off the infection. Antibiotics just weaken that further. Let us know
and GOD bless!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
cant really add much to what sherry said. i use duoxo ps shampoo and its great for skin issues. you can also give a probiotic to help with the immune system. just one from the drug store is fine. keep us updated. oh and hot spots need to be shaved and dried out. you can put peroxide on them to help heal as they are bacteria. the duoxo ps shampoo will also help with this. if you dont have that hibliclenz from the drug store can be used to wash them in.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Poor sweet boy. A really GOOD FOOD will do wonders for him.

My first bully had all kinds of problems. Had I known what I know now (since hanging at EBN), I know food would have solved all of them. I was feeding Iams -- and thought that was good food. Jeez. What I didn't know back then about bullies could fill a book.

OP
DixieKooper09

DixieKooper09

Aug 8, 2013
Oceanside, California, United States ( Native Sout
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dixie and Kooper
Thank you all for the advice and concerns. He is MY baby. My hubby decided to get our female first then i fell in love with her and decided to get kooper. He has a special place in my heart and when i see him like this it makes me more sad than i can even express. i will keep everyone updated and if you have any further suggestions PLEASE do not hesitate to throw them my way! :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.