Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hoping for the best for Shy, hoping she gets better soon.

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hi everyone -we just picked up Shy from the vets -after iv and fluids shes up and almost her normal self she apparently got very exited to see the nurse and she pulled her iv out splattering blood everywhere -
Vet thinks it might have been gastro entheritis -Lily currently is over exited to see her big sister and Shy is being a bit overwhelmed but otherwise happy -thank you all for everything ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376045124.770450.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so glad Shy is feeling better!!! Give her a big hug from us... :hug: I'm sure Lily is glad her big sister is home too... LOL

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Hi everyone -we just picked up Shy from the vets -after iv and fluids shes up and almost her normal self she apparently got very exited to see the nurse and she pulled her iv out splattering blood everywhere -
Vet thinks it might have been gastro entheritis -Lily currently is over exited to see her big sister and Shy is being a bit overwhelmed but otherwise happy -thank you all for everything View attachment 51603

So glad she is home and better! Are they giving you anything to treat or prevent this?

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadly no - as they are not 100% sure
What ever it was i can safely say shes past it now - her appetite is back poo looks much better and her overall mood improved now shes napping with dad xxImageUploadedByTapatalk1376054197.353874.jpg

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Late to this but glad she is feeling better. While reading all I could think of was blockage as well. If symptoms come back, I would go for an X-ray right away to be safe.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I am so happy to hear that your baby is better! I was wondering about her all night-I always seem to have trouble finding "the rest of the story". So happy for you that it is good news! I am sure we were all praying for you and her!

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
I can now confirm that Shy is back to her normal self ;-) ....apart from ear infection .....i ordered ear drops -hopefully they arrive next week
I clean both of my girls ears weekly -so thankfully i spotted it early and it is only one ear xx

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so glad to hear that Shy is doing better... and hopefully her ear infection will heal up in no time :D

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Im not surprised ... There wasn't a day in our lived without something not going wrong lol ;-)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I can now confirm that Shy is back to her normal self ;-) ....apart from ear infection .....i ordered ear drops -hopefully they arrive next week
I clean both of my girls ears weekly -so thankfully i spotted it early and it is only one ear xx

Oh wow Pati, I"m just catching up here and what a scare that was! So glad to hear that Shy is feeling better and back to her normal self. The first thing that came to my mind too when you said she was throwing up and it smelled like Poo was Lisa's Yuna. Throwup that smells like poo is a sign of an obstruction. So glad she's ok.

Most Reactions