Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Im sorry to post this here but i dont know who to ask its about Shy my AB cross girl -she had been a little offish with her food (she haven't finished her normal portions)-but otherwise in good mood -playing ,drinking etc fine
She had mild case of diarrhea that lasted a day ,and day later her stool returned to normal ,but today -sorry yesterday early evening she threw up a few times - some food etc at first ,shes acting strange -i think it might be due to stomach hurting her -at first i thought she will have "bad poos" again so i stayed with her all night downstairs as we have laminate flooring so it is easier to clean
I must have fallen asleep as i woken up an hour ago and there where vomit in few places - light brownish liquid at first -as i started cleaning downstairs she run upstairs and vomited on my bedroom carpet .
I could clearly smell that her vomit smells like poo
I will phone vet in the morning - even if she will feel better -but i wondered does anyone experienced a vile smelling vomit?
I need to add that Shy is not a poo eater or toy swallower ,shes flea and wormed regularly too

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The only thing that comes to my mind is Yunas vomit.... After the first few days it became dark green and smelled of liquid poo. In her case it was due to an obstruction... She is not a toy swallower either...

However the vets did not think it was an obstruction. Tested her for everything. Had X-rays done. After two weeks I finally told them she needed exploratory surgery. Luckily my regular vet was back... Was dealing with the other vets in the practice. He agreed to the surgery but still he did not think she had an obstruction either. Her X-rays were clear.

She did!!!! I am not sure if any if this will help, but with Shys symptoms I would certainly keep the possibility in mind.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Sounds odd ... but has she been to the beach lately or had amy rawhide treats ? I once took Meeko to barry island and never ever again! Same sort of thing he had diorrhea and woke up the next morning with brown smelly vomit literally everywhere all upstairs down the stairs in the livin room in the kitchen and I wasnt sure if it was diorrhea again or vomit until I saw him be sick some more. Along with all the sand came up a whole rawhide treat stick so they too are now band for Meeko because he doesnt chew them!

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for your replies
The only thing they get is dentastics daily and gravybones as a treat
We are now on the way to the vets she have been sick another 3 times since my last post her body is shaking she pooped while we where on the phone to the vet all brown water

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Unfortunately obstruction is what came to my mind as well. Hopefully they can help her quickly, keep us posted!

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
She got a anti sickness injection and a medicine to make her poo more solid and help her "go"
If she be poorly in the next 24h i need to being her back down

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
[MENTION=9105]Pati Robins[/MENTION] This happened to Mia when she was about 12 weeks old I think. She threw up all night, and it was brown liquid smelled like diarhea! then it turned to bile. She was hot and lethargic... took her to vet. They gave her something for anti-vomiting, and got fluids into her (because she was already so dehydrated). They did parvo test which came back negative. They x-rayed her and found no blockage, but her intestines were inflamed. She was fed a high-protein food (very small portions every two hours) especially for gastro-intestinal issues. She was fine in a couple of days.
Hope Shy is feeling better soon!!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww Patient, so sorry You and Shy are going through this, I hope she feels better soon, and if she did swallow something she shouldn't have, I hope she is able to pass it. Hugs, love and prayers for you and Shy.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Awwww poor thingM i know you must be worried! Hope she is ok n feeling better soon, if they find out anything please let us know. Brie sends hugs to you both

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I hope you get a quick resolution to Shy's problem. Poor baby...hope Shy is feeling better really soon!

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you everyone-that means a lot xx -im worried sick -she does not want to eat ,and still is shaky -Lily is cuddling up to her and kissing her face -if no improvement in the next 24 hours we need to go to the vets again xxx

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
sending hugs, prayers and positive thoughts for little Shy --- so hope she feels better soon. I agree with the others, it does sound like an obstruction

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Im a bot happier Shy managed to eat a bit of her food ,her poo is still very watery ,but at least she have some appetite
Thank you all again for all your kind words and advice ,you are by far most friendliest and helpful bunch than any forum i know x

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.