Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Finn is sick

I knew something was "off" with Finn since this a.m. when he wouldn't touch his breakfast. At first I thought he was just bored with his food so I went to the store and got some of his favorites--liver, hotdogs, cheese. A couple hours later I was able to get him to eat a little by putting coconut oil on his food and I was so relieved. Then this evening he ate half his dinner and about 30min later, he threw up. Then he threw up two more times after that. It was all the food he had eaten.
    He seems very tired now, plus he's been very cranky towards Tate (more than normal anyways).

I'm going to take him to the vet tomorrow but I was wondering if it'd be okay to give him some plain yogurt in the a.m. if he'll eat it? Thought the yogurt might help his tummy. Or best to not give him anything til he's seen by the vet? He's been drinking water and his stool looks okay.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Finn is sick

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    I knew something was "off" with Finn since this a.m. when he wouldn't touch his breakfast. At first I thought he was just bored with his food so I went to the store and got some of his favorites--liver, hotdogs, cheese. A couple hours later I was able to get him to eat a little by putting coconut oil on his food and I was so relieved. Then this evening he ate half his dinner and about 30min later, he threw up. Then he threw up two more times after that. It was all the food he had eaten.
    He seems very tired now, plus he's been very cranky towards Tate (more than normal anyways).

I'm going to take him to the vet tomorrow but I was wondering if it'd be okay to give him some plain yogurt in the a.m. if he'll eat it? Thought the yogurt might help his tummy. Or best to not give him anything til he's seen by the vet? He's been drinking water and his stool looks okay.

Ohhhhh Henny! I'm so sorry! Could he have eaten anything?? I don't think yogurt would hurt him..but it might not help either. I'm kind of the mind..if they can't keep food down..focus on the water and don't force the food. The worse that would happen, is he would throw it up. Please let me know...

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

I would not feed him anything until you see your vet...if you think about it, when you have a stomach ache, the last thing you want to do is eat!

I would offer water, but not food, and monitor any bowel movements to report to the vet tomorrow.

In the meantime, I hope he feels better and it's just one of those 24 hour things.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh no!!! Finn... . I agree with Becky... I sure hope the vomiting will pass by tomorrow. My first thought is ....oh dear....Obstruction... . Sending prayers your way

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Okay, thanks guys

Yes, sure hoping it's just a 24hr bug that will pass.

Lisa, i hope it's not something he swallowed too. I just this very moment remembered that he chewed off a piece of a rubber toy and I grabbed that piece of rubber and put it on a table to throw away. Now i'm not sure if i threw it away or not...nothing there, and it's a fairly low table so he could've grabbed it and swallowed it. Oh boy...i didn't notice anything in the vomit but i should've looked more closely. I'll let the vet know tomorrow that there's a possibility that he swallowed something. Do you think they will want to do an xray tomorrow to check?

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Okay, thanks guys

Yes, sure hoping it's just a 24hr bug that will pass.

Lisa, i hope it's not something he swallowed too. I just this very moment remembered that he chewed off a piece of a rubber toy and I grabbed that piece of rubber and put it on a table to throw away. Now i'm not sure if i threw it away or not...nothing there, and it's a fairly low table so he could've grabbed it and swallowed it. Oh boy...i didn't notice anything in the vomit but i should've looked more closely. I'll let the vet know tomorrow that there's a possibility that he swallowed something. Do you think they will want to do an xray tomorrow to check?

Henny..it can take weeks for something to pass. I'm pretty sure they will want to do an X-ray ..but some obstructions don't show in X-rays ..it depends where they might be..Ohh crap. I am glad he's going tomorrow.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Thanks Becky.
    I just went to the trash to check his vomit (sorry for the graphic nature of that), if that rubber thingy was mixed in there...nothing, just food. I'm mad at myself for not knowing if i threw it out or not and why didn't i do it right away?!?! Okay, no sense in worrying about it (but i will anyways)! He's sleeping now and I'm sure i'll be up watching him tonight.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fergus
    Likes (Received)

Oh gosh I hope Finn feels better tomorrow sending lots of

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Becky.
    I just went to the trash to check his vomit (sorry for the graphic nature of that), if that rubber thingy was mixed in there...nothing, just food. I'm mad at myself for not knowing if i threw it out or not and why didn't i do it right away?!?! Okay, no sense in worrying about it (but i will anyways)! He's sleeping now and I'm sure i'll be up watching him tonight.

Don't beat yourself up Henny! These guys are masters of illegal snacking! I'm sure he will be ok until he gets to the vet. It sounds like he is trying to get something up!

I would not offer him any food or water until you have seen the vet. If it is an obstruction & they need to remove it, the surgery will be safer becuz he hasn't eaten or drank anything for 12 hours

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Henny, praying now that he'll be fine and he's just 'off his feed'...will be praying
    he didn't eat anything or if he did, he'll get it up or poop it out. Most times they do.
    He'll be fine from not eating this evening and in the morning, give plenty of water.

Sending hugs of love & support, Henny...try to rest too.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Orion swallowed the arm of her stinky bear....threw it up several days later. Also the rubber cover for the handle of the crate. I saw her tugging on the upper one and when I shoo'd her away...I discovered the bottom one was missing. I started to look thru photos and videos from the previous days and discovered that it indeed had been there the previous week. 2 days later the rubber cover from the handle came up. I'm so lucky that she's not had any sort of obstruction yet. She has swallowed many stinky bear arms and many foreign objects.

Keep us up to date with what the dr says.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads