ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Henny I'm so sorry to hear about Finn... Hope he feels better soon!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Poor Finn sad to hear he's not feeling 100% but he sure is a cute sicky lol Henny what agreat bully mama you are thinking of cancelling your mini vacay for your baby! Lots of hugs to you and Finn

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Well, if it's not one thing, it's 20 others...I know i'm quoting an EBN member but I'm sorry that I can't remember who it was. After Finn woke up from his nap, I noticed he was limping. So, i thought maybe it's from the injection he got today. I called the vet and spoke to the vet tech who said more likely from the x-rays b/c they had to manipulate and stretch his limbs and maybe he's just stiff. Now, several hrs later, his limp looks worse! I soaked that paw in epsom salt and massaged him a little. I have no idea what happened...he was not limping til after he awoke from that nap. On the bright side, he ate very well and hasn't thrown up and went :poo: :)

Can i just say that it's been a very stressful day? I have to go back to work tomorrow and I hate leaving Finn when he's not feeling 100%. I was also going to take a mini vacation this coming weekend so had plans to board the two of them for one night at the vet's and now I'm debating whether or not to cancel my hotel reservation. I have by this Wed to make up my mind, otherwise I have to pay for the hotel. I don't think i want to leave Finn at the vet's if he's still limping. All this stuff is swirling in my head!!! thanks for listening.

:hug: to you missy, and one for Finn, one for Tate too... When it rains it pours...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh henny, I am sorry you have been going thru all this! :( glad to hear Finn pooped and ate at least. Go with your gut on the weekend trip. These pups sure like to mess us up don't they? :hug:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh henny, I am sorry you have been going thru all this! :( glad to hear Finn pooped and ate at least. Go with your gut on the weekend trip. These pups sure like to mess us up don't they? :hug:

Yes, they sure do! LOL! thanks Jenn...i'm leaning towards canceling since I'll likely be worrying about him all night anyways and probably won't enjoy myself. I'm going to take some time off again in Sept so I can always reschedule then. Hmmm...i think I just removed one stressor with that decision! :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well, if it's not one thing, it's 20 others...I know i'm quoting an EBN member but I'm sorry that I can't remember who it was. After Finn woke up from his nap, I noticed he was limping. So, i thought maybe it's from the injection he got today. I called the vet and spoke to the vet tech who said more likely from the x-rays b/c they had to manipulate and stretch his limbs and maybe he's just stiff. Now, several hrs later, his limp looks worse! I soaked that paw in epsom salt and massaged him a little. I have no idea what happened...he was not limping til after he awoke from that nap. On the bright side, he ate very well and hasn't thrown up and went :poo: :)

Can i just say that it's been a very stressful day? I have to go back to work tomorrow and I hate leaving Finn when he's not feeling 100%. I was also going to take a mini vacation this coming weekend so had plans to board the two of them for one night at the vet's and now I'm debating whether or not to cancel my hotel reservation. I have by this Wed to make up my mind, otherwise I have to pay for the hotel. I don't think i want to leave Finn at the vet's if he's still limping. All this stuff is swirling in my head!!! thanks for listening.

Ohhh Henny...the limp is probably temporary. It will be good for him to be quiet and crated tomorrow. I wish I was home..I would go check on him for you. :( if he doesn't throw up anymore tonight and eats and otherwise seems ok..even if a bit off..I bet he will sleep all day.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
So relieved to hear that he ate and pooped! Sorry to hear about his leg. Maybe what you and the fur babies need is a quiet movie weekend on the couch with treats, popcorn and snuggles. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Henny happy he has eaten and had a :poo: and do hope his limp will be just from the needle and you poor thing its always when we plan to do something our babies happen to do something as Lisa said it never rains but pours. Hugs to all three of you.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Glad to hear about the pooping!!! My experience was the opposite to everybody else's. Linus x-ray showed a DEFINITE blockage according to the vet. His intestines and stomach were cut open only to find the rice he had eaten for breakfast!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my henny im just seeing this. im glad he went :poo: and i just hope the limp goes away soon. will be good for him to be crated and rest while your at work. maybe you will still get to go on your trip :pray:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I realize I didn't give a final update on Finn and just wanted y'all to know that he's back to his "normal", naughty self! That limp...was very strange but reading the boards here I see that those inexplicable limps can and have happened to other bullies too; it pretty much resolved after a good 24hours. He's eating well...going poop well...no more vomiting...

I will definitely continue to look out for any foreign object he may pass in the future as well as any more sx's of GI distress. Hoping he didn't swallow something he wasn't supposed to but who knows. Right now, just happy he's feeling better and doing well. Thanks for all the positive thoughts!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:up: So glad that Finn is feeling better!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online