cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Okay, back home now...and he's pretty pooped out. I haven't given him any food yet b/c he went straight for his favorite napping spot..under my bed. I got some lean ground turkey meat and will see if he'll take a little bit w/rice. He seemed like he had an appetite when I fed Tate this a.m. and Finn was just looking at me as if saying, 'where's mine?'

IMG_4653.jpg

anyways, the x-ray didn't show anything abnormal and he got a shot of Cerenia for the nausea. Please continue to keep him in your prayers for a full recovery. Thanks a bunch everybody!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Just catching up here Henny. Poor Finn! I hope he poops soon, especially since he’s throwing up all that he’s eating –that’s normally a sign of blockage. @ausman1179 bully’s x-rays showed nothing and then three months later it turned out he did have an obstruction and had part of his intestine cut and removed. Remember when Emma chewed off that toy and swallowed it? It took her a full week to pass it but she never got sick like Finn is. Now we just need Finn to lay a good poop and keep his food down. :pray: :hug: to both of you!!! Keeping fingers crossed!!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Okay, back home now...and he's pretty pooped out. I haven't given him any food yet b/c he went straight for his favorite napping spot..under my bed. I got some lean ground turkey meat and will see if he'll take a little bit w/rice. He seemed like he had an appetite when I fed Tate this a.m. and Finn was just looking at me as if saying, 'where's mine?'

View attachment 51188

anyways, the x-ray didn't show anything abnormal and he got a shot of Cerenia for the nausea. Please continue to keep him in your prayers for a full recovery. Thanks a bunch everybody!

Glad to hear the x-rays showed nothing abnormal, I sure hope the poor boy feel's better soon!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad to hear the X-rays are clear. Hate to be the bearer of bad news though... Yuna's were clear too... So were Samson's. both had to have surgery. :(

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
:nope:
Glad to hear the X-rays are clear. Hate to be the bearer of bad news though... Yuna's were clear too... So were Samson's. both had to have surgery. :(

Mack's X-rays were clear, too. Months later he got sick again. Same thing. Then more than a year after he ate part of a rubber toy he got sick again. The X-rays detected foreign object in his colon. He lost a section of his colon. He was 3&1/2 years old at the time of surgery and made a full recovery. I hope this isn't the case for Finn.
Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Ahh poor Finn he looks so sad in the last picture. Hope he feels better soon :pray:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Dozers X-ray showed a dark shadow partly in his intestine, and partly in his colon, and he was able to pass the sock, but I've heard that materials, sometimes don't show on the X-ray. If Finn doesn't pass something soon, and he continues to be sick I would look into getting an ultrasound, or a barium X-ray which would show more detail. Crossing my everything that Finn gets better soon and it's not an obstruction. How is he feeling today? Any improvement? Please keep us posted.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse

View attachment 51188

Henny glad to hear the xrays did not show anything, hope Finn is in recovery mode real soon and running around, eating and :poo: real soon

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hope he's feeling better quick!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Well, if it's not one thing, it's 20 others...I know i'm quoting an EBN member but I'm sorry that I can't remember who it was. After Finn woke up from his nap, I noticed he was limping. So, i thought maybe it's from the injection he got today. I called the vet and spoke to the vet tech who said more likely from the x-rays b/c they had to manipulate and stretch his limbs and maybe he's just stiff. Now, several hrs later, his limp looks worse! I soaked that paw in epsom salt and massaged him a little. I have no idea what happened...he was not limping til after he awoke from that nap. On the bright side, he ate very well and hasn't thrown up and went :poo: :)

Can i just say that it's been a very stressful day? I have to go back to work tomorrow and I hate leaving Finn when he's not feeling 100%. I was also going to take a mini vacation this coming weekend so had plans to board the two of them for one night at the vet's and now I'm debating whether or not to cancel my hotel reservation. I have by this Wed to make up my mind, otherwise I have to pay for the hotel. I don't think i want to leave Finn at the vet's if he's still limping. All this stuff is swirling in my head!!! thanks for listening.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.