Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Ugh, I just looked at the original breeders site, and she just posted a new pic of the pup (turned in a way that you can't see her poor little eye) saying "ready for adoption now!" Is that deceiving or am I being critical/sensitive?

Boy she's a piece of work!!! :angry:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
AngAngeles13

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
Boy she's a piece of work!!! :angry:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Gah! I hate to begin my time here on these forums in such a negative way, but I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling that way! It is taking every ounce of strength I have to be nice about this situation.

Last edited:

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
That breeder is not breeding for the betterment of the breed or placing her pups in a good home its all about the money :cursing:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Wow. i would definitely stay away from that breeder. Seems to me they are in it for the money and not the betterment of the breed.

OP
AngAngeles13

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
Thanks again for the support everyone. This was a touch decision to make. I thought the breeder was okay, but now seeing the difference between them and the new breeder....there really is no comparison. Maybe this was meant to be. I mean what are the odds that this would happen, and we'd find a new better breeder with a pup only a day older all within a 2 days time period? 8 more days until we pick her up. :) Staying positive.

rockybullywrinkle

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky Bullywrinkle
Good luck! Smart decision on your part! The breeder I got my puppy from gave us a lifetime guarantee on cherry eye. He fixes it for free and is always on call, even if we call him at 2am because I'm worried about a little lump I found on my puppy! That is a sign of a good breeder - one who wants to be you and your bully's friend for life. It was very smart that you decided to find a new one, and I wish you the best of luck on your new puppy! P.S. I'm from Dallas too (Plano) - yay for TX bullies!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I know I am late, as usual. This sounds like you had a "bully angel" who sent you to another breeder. If your first breeder cared at all about anything BUT the money, they would certainly have insisted on giving you your deposit back! I feel sorry for his animals, who seem to be used as moneymakers-not really loved. One never knows with any animal-what "disasters" they will come up with(I have had my share, over the years-my old vet used to say "uh-oh, what new strange case have you come up with now?!") but if something developed after receiving a deposit,being an injury-or whatever,, I always gave a deposit return,if buyer did not want the animal! With a breeder like THAT ONE--who knows what problems are in the genetics of his stock-which he may have continued to breed just for the money!! Some people will breed any animal just for the $...... Just my opinion. Happy you could see this pup in person, and it feels right. We wish we could save them all.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello and good day,
Again late to the party. But then I get to read what everyone else has posted. Lots of good discussion.

About Cherry Eye; yes it is a rather common issue but is should not be considered a major medical issue. Cherry can be effectively fixed and the dog will lead a long happy life. Cherry eye can be massaged back in place when the puppy is young and if the problem can be managed until the dog gets older, the problem will go away due to the muscles getting stronger at holding everything in place. This is rather on the low side of effectiveness, but certainly it is worth a try at first to see if it can be managed before doing surgery. In the event the increase of pop-out continues, then getting the problem fixed is the only option. There are two main ways of fixing the problem. Both are a type of surgery. The first is the typical surgery. This can be either removal or tacking. In some cases dry eyes are a problem and will require drops. The other new method is laser surgery. The complications are far less, the surgery is less evasive and the results are better, quicker healing time and far less chance of dry eye condition.

As for the breeder, well...I think enough has been said about THAT subject...at least here.

Good Day~

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.