My baby bulldog has a swollen bump, help!

frankthetank

Jul 4, 2013
Panama City, Panama
Country
Panama
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus (2002-2013), Frank 2 years old
Hello friends! Thank God I have this site to come to!! My baby Frank, 16 weeks now, has a swollen bump on his left side, right by the ribs. We just noticed it today. It seems to be under the skin, loose, but hard to the touch and it doesn't hurt!! He seems to be normal and playful. I just called his vet and she says it could be a delayed reaction to the rabies shot that was given to him near that spot or that he hit himself and to rub Cofal twice a day on the area which I already did. But that shot was given to him 3 weeks ago and he seemed fine all this time...can that be possible? I brush him and clean him 2 times a day and hadn't noticed it until this morning, this is so strange :confused:. I will take him to vet office tomorrow, but prying it is nothing to worry :pray:. Anyone has seen this before?

IMG_1181.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Bella used to get bumps, but they never seemed to bother her. Could be a bug bite or something... If he doesn't seem to be in pain I wouldn't panic. Keep us posted!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
After 3 weeks, I would not think it to be a delayed reaction to the shot.... could be a bug bite. But, please let us know what the vet says and keep us posted.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I would say bug bite too, keep an eye on it and if still worrying you a visit to vet would help. I know it always makes me feel better just to be on the safe side.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Like the others have said it sounds like a bug bite. Harlea has had a few mosquito bites and after a day or so they are hard like you described. If you are in a heavy mosquito area you can get 6 lemons and cut them in half. Bring 1 quart of water to a boil and add the lemons. Turn the heat off and let the lemons steep for 2 hours. Strain the water in to a spray bottle and you have a natural bug repellant for your bully. Just spray on when you go outside. it makes the smell lemony fresh to boot. :)

OP
frankthetank

frankthetank

Jul 4, 2013
Panama City, Panama
Country
Panama
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION], [MENTION=9445]Harleyleeotis12321[/MENTION], [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], [MENTION=4763]LynnA[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3653]Marine[/MENTION]9 for sharing your advises. Yes I am in a heavy mosquito area, tropical and humid. Love the natural repellant recipe.
The Vet saw Frank yesterday and she still thinks is a delayed reaction to the rabies shot (3 weeks ago). Can you believe it? :hmm: She drained the bump with a needle and liquid came out. She said he was developing a cyst and gave him a natural medicine to help it heal, Enzimol, an anti inflamatory enzyme made from papaya for dogs and cats. I can still feel there is something there but much less. I hope it goes away soon and that the Vet is right. I am still a little stressed...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks @ddnene, @Harleyleeotis12321, @2BullyMama, @LynnA and @Marine9 for sharing your advises. Yes I am in a heavy mosquito area, tropical and humid. Love the natural repellant recipe.
The Vet saw Frank yesterday and she still thinks is a delayed reaction to the rabies shot (3 weeks ago). Can you believe it? :hmm: She drained the bump with a needle and liquid came out. She said he was developing a cyst and gave him a natural medicine to help it heal, Enzimol, an anti inflamatory enzyme made from papaya for dogs and cats. I can still feel there is something there but much less. I hope it goes away soon and that the Vet is right. I am still a little stressed...

Wow... 3 wk delay, really? Gotta ask my vet about that next time I am in the office.

Hugs to you both -- hope it is just a nothing cyst and goes away quickly

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Thanks @ddnene, @Harleyleeotis12321, @2BullyMama, @LynnA and @Marine9 for sharing your advises. Yes I am in a heavy mosquito area, tropical and humid. Love the natural repellant recipe.
Keep us posted!

OP
frankthetank

frankthetank

Jul 4, 2013
Panama City, Panama
Country
Panama
Bulldog(s) Names
sure will [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4763]LynnA[/MENTION] !!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.