Help Needed! Eye infections/ulcers/Allergies out of control/now puking??

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
The blood serum and triple antibiotic ointment have been helping Brie's ulcers heal, but she also had to have cryosurgery. the hairs on the inside of her eyelids were causing the ulcers. I'm assuming the vet did not see any hairs w tank?

No She said that that wasnt a issue with him. Shes thinking he injured his eye some how

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
No She said that that wasnt a issue with him. Shes thinking he injured his eye some how

Well I'm very happy to hear that! The blood serum really does make healing quicker. They take some blood n spin it. Then give you the serum n you put a drop or 2 either twice or three times a day. It does stain the tear stain area a big tho. I'm waiting to give Brie a good bath to get rid of it. I hope Tank feels better soon! Hurting eyes are no fun :(

Erinbarin

May 3, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jasper, 4 & Penelope, 1
Did they work for your bully and any side effects etc at first? We are at our wits end. 100$ a month would be nothing compared to what we are spending in vet costs due to secondary infections because of allergies. We are hoping something starts working soon for his comfort and our bank account. Our vet did mention possibly redoing the allergy testing cause it was done by his previous vet shes wondering if something was missed since obviously something is still going on. She said even with having cats his allergies shouldnt be this bad."

Yes there are side effects, mostly related tyo suppressed immune system, but talk to your vet. Research on the internet also. Long term effects of taking steroid medications can shorten their life, so weigh the risk with the reward...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=3251]theparrisfive[/MENTION] --- I use sugar free or Lactose free vanilla ice cream for pills - it never fails. Not sure what it is that makes it work, but in the 9 years I've used it -- the pups have never spit it or the pill out.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Hes now able to keep his eyes open. I ended up taking him off of the pain meds cause either he was throwing them up or panting about 45 minutes after having them. He seems to be doing ok without them right now. He goes back to the vet tomorrow. We discuss allergy meds then but i really dont want to put him on one that can cause long term issues as he will be 3 in october so hes still pretty young. I guess i have some major decisions there. The brat has figured out around what time he is to get his eye meds and hides around each time. i tried switching it up a little bit yesterday and he decided he was just gonna stay put under the bed most of the afternoon lol.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hes now able to keep his eyes open. I ended up taking him off of the pain meds cause either he was throwing them up or panting about 45 minutes after having them. He seems to be doing ok without them right now. He goes back to the vet tomorrow. We discuss allergy meds then but i really dont want to put him on one that can cause long term issues as he will be 3 in october so hes still pretty young. I guess i have some major decisions there. The brat has figured out around what time he is to get his eye meds and hides around each time. i tried switching it up a little bit yesterday and he decided he was just gonna stay put under the bed most of the afternoon lol.

They are smart little devils! Keep us posted -- prayers and positive thoughts coming at you both

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
He went back to the vet friday and the vet said although his eyes look better she is not happy so he has to go again this upcoming thursday. The infection is gone, one eye looks great. the one eye that looks good went from a 10 to almost 15 in the dry eye test which she said is normal. the other eye with the ulcer is still pretty red and irritated. It went from a 5 to a 10 in the dry eye test. She said she really wants to keep a eye on that one eye. We are supposed to continue treatment until we see her this following week.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
He went back to the vet friday and the vet said although his eyes look better she is not happy so he has to go again this upcoming thursday. The infection is gone, one eye looks great. the one eye that looks good went from a 10 to almost 15 in the dry eye test which she said is normal. the other eye with the ulcer is still pretty red and irritated. It went from a 5 to a 10 in the dry eye test. She said she really wants to keep a eye on that one eye. We are supposed to continue treatment until we see her this following week.

Glad to heat one eye is much better! Are they recommending the same treatment or did they give you something else? Did you discuss the possible use of her blood serum?

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I did. She wants to see how it looks tomorrow if still no change then she said we will try it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

thanks for the update... so hope things continue to get better

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.