Other How to combat a smelly/yeasty pooch.

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
Re: How to combat a smelly/itchy/yeasty pooch.

Good morning! We've recently been having some issue with Remi regarding allergies + yeast, and we have discovered a few things that have worked really well for us and wanted to share.

When Remi turned 1, weird stuff started happening. He needed 2 benedryl every morning just to be comfortable.

• His allergies flared up
  • he started getting chronic ear infections
  • his feet smelled like fritos with sores between his toes
  • his face smelled like butt, and...
  • he was scratching nonstop and always butt scooting.

After a trip to the vet to diagnose the first ear infection, and when he immediately got second one in the other ear, I knew I had to make some changes. I've done several easy things that has literally improved him by 80% in a matter of days:

1. We began the switch from NVI's limited diet lamb to Fromm's Pork and Peas. He's currently on 50/50 split. The improvement in him is ridiculous already.
  2. We bathed Remi in Duoxo's PS Shampoo, leaving the lather on for 5 minutes. Itching instantly stopped.
  3. We used Duoxo pads to clean between Remi's toes
  4. We use vetericyn to clean his face and after we dry thoroughly, we add baby powder between Remi's wrinkles to keep him dry.
  5. We are using ear medicine to clean up his ear infection

Just doing these 5 things have given us amazing results. He no longer needs benedryl.

Thanks for sharing.
Walley-Bubba has also responded really well to the Fromm Pork and Peas.
Wiping his moo wrinkles every morning with a facecloth soaked in warm water is working for the tear stains and yeasty odor.
Most importantly, drying the moo wrinkles throughly with a paper towel afterwards just as the Vet Lydecker recommended seems crucial.
So far so good with no itching or sore toes troubles and only one ear infection a couple of months ago which was fixed with a shot for $95.
He still has a slight odor though, but it's nothing like the Yorkie's bad breath!

Members online

No members online now.