Real Name
    Alyssa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Queen Margaret May
    Likes (Received)

Default Poo Problems

The Queen can't seem to be completely healthy even for just a day, the sores are gone, the tail problem is solved, she's eating just fine and drinking enough water (I fill her large bowl daily), but her poo is yellow liquid. Her diet hasn't changed, I'm feeding her the same stuff I have been since I got her. I switched up her food for maybe one or two feedings because it was all I had but now we are back to normal. I was going to try and let it work it's way out and maybe see if switching her food just made her have tummy problems and it would go away but it isn't. She is acting just fine, not lethargic. Like I said she's still eating and drinking just fine. I'm not sure what the problem is. Should I just keep waiting? Anything I can maybe add to her food to stop her up a little bit?

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Poo Problems

Hi, it still could be from the food change, it could a while for the different food to leave her body. You can try adding some pure pumpkin purée to her food to help firm up her poops. Hope Queen M is feeling better soon. Love and hugs, plus prayers for you guys.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by alyssahope View Post
    The Queen can't seem to be completely healthy even for just a day, the sores are gone, the tail problem is solved, she's eating just fine and drinking enough water (I fill her large bowl daily), but her poo is yellow liquid. Her diet hasn't changed, I'm feeding her the same stuff I have been since I got her. I switched up her food for maybe one or two feedings because it was all I had but now we are back to normal. I was going to try and let it work it's way out and maybe see if switching her food just made her have tummy problems and it would go away but it isn't. She is acting just fine, not lethargic. Like I said she's still eating and drinking just fine. I'm not sure what the problem is. Should I just keep waiting? Anything I can maybe add to her food to stop her up a little bit?
    A few spoonfuls of pure pumpkin should do the trick! Glad to hear the rest is better.
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Real Name
    Alyssa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Queen Margaret May
    Likes (Received)

Like canned pumpkin?

- - - Updated - - -

Like canned pumpkin?

Real Name
    Alyssa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Queen Margaret May
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Hi, it still could be from the food change, it could a while for the different food to leave her body. You can try adding some pure pumpkin purée to her food to help firm up her poops. Hope Queen M is feeling better soon. Love and hugs, plus prayers for you guys.
    Thanks so much for the sweet words and prayers

Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Yes canned pumpkin. Not the pie filling kind. Just the plain kind. It works miracles on yucky bottoms.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I found the pure pumpkin purée at the dog food store at Rens, they also carry it at Petsmart.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

I think ive Read pure pumpkin in a can, just make sure it is not the pumpkin pie filling. Just pure pumpkin. I'm sry to bear queen is having poo problems. Is she eating any treats that might be different? Or anything outside?

Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

You can get it at any grocery store it just has to be pumpkin.

Real Name
    Alyssa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Queen Margaret May
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lisabear123 View Post
    I think ive Read pure pumpkin in a can, just make sure it is not the pumpkin pie filling. Just pure pumpkin. I'm sry to bear queen is having poo problems. Is she eating any treats that might be different? Or anything outside?
    She's never outside unsupervised because I don't have a yard. she goes on walks and short potty breaks so would know if she was eating something. I have gotten her new treats but not since before the problem started. I got them yesterday.

Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by alyssahope View Post
    She's never outside unsupervised because I don't have a yard. she goes on walks and short potty breaks so would know if she was eating something. I have gotten her new treats but not since before the problem started. I got them yesterday.
    You are doing a great job Alyssa. Just give it a few days with the pumpkin and everything should sort itself out. Keep up the good work momma and she will be fine.

Real Name
    Alyssa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Queen Margaret May
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone. She's my first dog to own on my own and I definitely feel like I bit off more than I can chew sometimes but she's my angel and I'd do anything for her and she makes it all worth it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads