Poo Problems

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
The Queen can't seem to be completely healthy even for just a day, the sores are gone, the tail problem is solved, she's eating just fine and drinking enough water (I fill her large bowl daily), but her poo is yellow liquid. Her diet hasn't changed, I'm feeding her the same stuff I have been since I got her. I switched up her food for maybe one or two feedings because it was all I had but now we are back to normal. I was going to try and let it work it's way out and maybe see if switching her food just made her have tummy problems and it would go away but it isn't. She is acting just fine, not lethargic. Like I said she's still eating and drinking just fine. I'm not sure what the problem is. Should I just keep waiting? Anything I can maybe add to her food to stop her up a little bit?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, it still could be from the food change, it could a while for the different food to leave her body. You can try adding some pure pumpkin purée to her food to help firm up her poops. Hope Queen M is feeling better soon. Love and hugs, plus prayers for you guys.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
The Queen can't seem to be completely healthy even for just a day, the sores are gone, the tail problem is solved, she's eating just fine and drinking enough water (I fill her large bowl daily), but her poo is yellow liquid. Her diet hasn't changed, I'm feeding her the same stuff I have been since I got her. I switched up her food for maybe one or two feedings because it was all I had but now we are back to normal. I was going to try and let it work it's way out and maybe see if switching her food just made her have tummy problems and it would go away but it isn't. She is acting just fine, not lethargic. Like I said she's still eating and drinking just fine. I'm not sure what the problem is. Should I just keep waiting? Anything I can maybe add to her food to stop her up a little bit?
A few spoonfuls of pure pumpkin should do the trick! Glad to hear the rest is better.

OP
alyssahope

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
Hi, it still could be from the food change, it could a while for the different food to leave her body. You can try adding some pure pumpkin purée to her food to help firm up her poops. Hope Queen M is feeling better soon. Love and hugs, plus prayers for you guys.

Thanks so much for the sweet words and prayers

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I found the pure pumpkin purée at the dog food store at Rens, they also carry it at Petsmart.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I think ive Read pure pumpkin in a can, just make sure it is not the pumpkin pie filling. Just pure pumpkin. I'm sry to bear queen is having poo problems. Is she eating any treats that might be different? Or anything outside?

OP
alyssahope

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
I think ive Read pure pumpkin in a can, just make sure it is not the pumpkin pie filling. Just pure pumpkin. I'm sry to bear queen is having poo problems. Is she eating any treats that might be different? Or anything outside?

She's never outside unsupervised because I don't have a yard. she goes on walks and short potty breaks so would know if she was eating something. I have gotten her new treats but not since before the problem started. I got them yesterday.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
She's never outside unsupervised because I don't have a yard. she goes on walks and short potty breaks so would know if she was eating something. I have gotten her new treats but not since before the problem started. I got them yesterday.
You are doing a great job Alyssa. :yes: Just give it a few days with the pumpkin and everything should sort itself out. Keep up the good work momma and she will be fine.

OP
alyssahope

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
Thanks everyone. She's my first dog to own on my own and I definitely feel like I bit off more than I can chew sometimes but she's my angel and I'd do anything for her and she makes it all worth it

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
You have been given some great advice. It after a few days of giving her pumpkin doesn't yield improvement that I would have to say a vet visit is in order to rule out any elevated levels of bacteria or other issue causing it.

OP
alyssahope

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
Update: after a couple delicious spoons of pumpkin the queen had herself a normal poo. It's a miracle!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.