need some help

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Has anyone seen these type of sores before?? The one with the black is on my guys leg and appeared a day ago..just tonight the other one popped up between his toes??? My question is could this be part of an allergy? I just got to thinking and as ive asked before im working on switching up his foods...the brand hes on (yes its crap) has only had chicken in stock when ive bought it. Theses have only appeared since then. Also we r fighting fleas hes on advantix weve treated our yard ive been using vinegar on his coat and DE could it be a flea bite reaction!! Ive got a appointment booked for the vet but they cant get us till fri so just wondering before then..thanx! Hopefully the pics load!

Attachments

• IMG_20130731_194756_506.jpg
    IMG_20130731_194756_506.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20130731_194959_717.jpg
    IMG_20130731_194959_717.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 163

Harleyleeotis12321

Jul 26, 2013
Buffalo Grove, IL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
hey there!! the red between digits is allergy..not sure about the other...Chicken, lamb and beef are no no's ...someone who feeds raw may also be able to help.I do not feed raw, although hear great things about it and they have much success. I give Harley4 Benadryl a day...and feed him Natural Balance grain free and bison as the protein. As for vinegar i use All Natural Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
I rub it in his ears and apply to nose folds and digits. theres a good article here somewhere about ACV...get at health food shop. I also put greek yogurt on his food daily, he looooves it, but wont drink ACV in water, they say a Tbl. in water..good luck and hope this helps. let us know what your vet says. Is he a bulldog vet, if not theres a list of vet s on this site.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
That actually looks more like bug bites to me. Maybe spider. Is it itchy? Someone who has more knowledge should be by soon to give you some advise. In the mean time give him some benedryl 1 mg per pound. I would wipe the bump with peroxide and put cortisone cream on it. The one between the toe could be allergy related. Make sure you also treat your home for fleas wash all bedding, carpet needs to be treated. You can also you this outside yard and on your pup and inside your home http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Labratories-Diatomaceous-Shaker-12-Ounce/dp/B00127Q860

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Has anyone seen these type of sores before?? The one with the black is on my guys leg and appeared a day ago..just tonight the other one popped up between his toes??? My question is could this be part of an allergy? I just got to thinking and as ive asked before im working on switching up his foods...the brand hes on (yes its crap) has only had chicken in stock when ive bought it. Theses have only appeared since then. Also we r fighting fleas hes on advantix weve treated our yard ive been using vinegar on his coat and DE could it be a flea bite reaction!! Ive got a appointment booked for the vet but they cant get us till fri so just wondering before then..thanx! Hopefully the pics load!

Chicken, lamb and beef are fine to feed unless you have done an elimination test with each one with your dog. Every dog is different just like every person is different.

The one between the toe is an interdigital cyst. Which can be caused by allergies, a change in diet, mites, ingrown hairs or other foreign objects or yeast. Application of warm water compresses and topical triple antibiotic ointment or mupirocin antibiotic ointment are recommended. Foot soaks in chlorhexidine solution or epsom salts are also helpful.

As for the sore on the leg I can't tell for sure by the picture. Lets ask [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]. I would clean it with hydrogen peroxide and put antibiotic ointment on it until Friday unless you have mupirocin and chlorhexidine then I would use these.

OP
jlcox24

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
I did clean with peroixide and the ointment..the one on the leg with the black spot is poofed out more than u can tell in the pic although it has shrunk..he doesnt bother that one and it didnt bother him when i cleaned it and put the ointment on...i did give him benedryl..and the cream i use is that mupirocin Stuff had it on hand...i use the organic mother cider in his water. We have treated the house yard bedding all in the house...our house is backed to the woods and being in nc we dont get cold enough to help cut down on these pests. I will try the other recomendations as well. Is there a way to prevent those cyst??? Thanx all for ur help so far!!

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
There is a great thread @JeannieCO was going thru the interdigtal cyst with Sally http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?28245-Interdigital-cyst-Sally . Try soaking the paw in epson salt.

If the bump with the black head swells you might consider a visit to the vet. In the mean time keep it clean.

Consider a food with no grain. Try one with no chicken since bullies tends to not do so well with chicken as a protein. Give a tablespoon of plain yogurt once a day probiotics is good for the food digestion.

Last edited:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
You've gotten good advice, I'm not sure what the black spot is on the leg,
agree it's a cyst between toes an also suggest grainfree & different than
chicken...if your bully gets yeasty easily, avoid potatoes too. You might try
new Fromm's Pork & Peas. Let us know what vet says...GOD bless!

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
If we mow the lawn and Loki goes out or is out with us when it is freshly cut he will get little swollen sore between his toes. Best thing I can say it wash the feet when they come in and make sure to get them dry. Lokis feet have been just fine since we started doing that

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
I did clean with peroixide and the ointment..the one on the leg with the black spot is poofed out more than u can tell in the pic although it has shrunk..he doesnt bother that one and it didnt bother him when i cleaned it and put the ointment on...i did give him benedryl..and the cream i use is that mupirocin Stuff had it on hand...i use the organic mother cider in his water. We have treated the house yard bedding all in the house...our house is backed to the woods and being in nc we dont get cold enough to help cut down on these pests. I will try the other recomendations as well. Is there a way to prevent those cyst??? Thanx all for ur help so far!!

I actually read this the other day, I cannot vouch for it but it cannot hurt. If you give your dog a Tums twice a day it is supposed to keep the cysts from forming. Glad you have an appointment on Friday for the sore on the leg. It takes awhile for the cysts to heal you just have to stick with it. Most will heal without antibiotics it will be interesting to see what your vet chooses to do. Keep us posted.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
As other have stated... the picture of the sore between the toe is a cysts... usually related to allergies. Until you iodentify the allergy they will come and go -- for my boy, it was rice and grass. Once the rice was out of his diet, he never got another one. My girl it was chicken... same removed from diet not anther cyst. As for the grass, best you can do is wipe or clean the paws when they come in. I keep baby wipes by the door and wipe the paws as necessary.

The picture of the sore on his leg is fuzzy, so it is hard to make out... can you post another picture?

OP
jlcox24

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Yes sorry my 5 yr old took that why i was holding his leg as soon as i get home....just picked up grain free fish and potato...im guessing since its happened since the chicken flavor that may be it!! Thanks all

OP
jlcox24

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Not sure if this is clearer but i treated it last night with the foot sore and the black part seems to be drying out crusty and bigger ir the red part is shrinking?? Could this be a cyst too???

Attachments

• IMG_20130801_145822_769.jpg
    IMG_20130801_145822_769.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 121

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not sure if this is clearer but i treated it last night with the foot sore and the black part seems to be drying out crusty and bigger ir the red part is shrinking?? Could this be a cyst too???

OUCH.... That could be an abscess-- lisa? [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online