Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Could be, if it opens and drains fluid make sure to load it with antibiotic like neosporin... I've had something that looked similar to that on the belly...I swear it looked like another nipple was growing right in the middle of her belly. When it broke open there was the tiniest piece of something inside, like a bit of clear plastic, it had gotten embedded in her fold and skin grew over it. It was bizarre!! So it could be an ingrown hair, sticker/ thorn from a plant... Or... Even plastic :blink:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Not sure if this is clearer but i treated it last night with the foot sore and the black part seems to be drying out crusty and bigger ir the red part is shrinking?? Could this be a cyst too???

Much better picture. I am glad to hear that it is drying out. Please let us know what the vet says tomorrow.

OP
jlcox24

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Thanks all! I'm going to show the pictures to the vet too..so he can compare! The new food sure smells like fish! Stinky but as someone who's always been a cheap feeder :down:" I know i know i've learned alot since joining here" I see what is meant by the smell and no dyed pieces....I went with 4health "tractor supply" I know its not a four or five star food but its grain free and untill i get back to work its gotta be better than the purina! I was gonna go with the costco brand but we don't have a membership and its 30mins away so i figured with the membership cost and gas compared to my 5min tractor supply i'll try this route!

Last edited:
OP
jlcox24

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
also you know he broke through our screen porch door that has like metal design in the bottom screen part i was shocked he fit thru there so he coulda scraped it up on that and didn't notice till it maybe got infected? hmm i'll be glad to see what the vet says! Also both popped up after a recent bath he doesn't like getting dried up good so that could explain the foot one not sure about the leg! I'm def gonna force making him get dried better....soooo HARD HEADED!!!

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
also you know he broke through our screen porch door that has like metal design in the bottom screen part i was shocked he fit thru there so he coulda scraped it up on that and didn't notice till it maybe got infected? hmm i'll be glad to see what the vet says! Also both popped up after a recent bath he doesn't like getting dried up good so that could explain the foot one not sure about the leg! I'm def gonna force making him get dried better....soooo HARD HEADED!!!
The screen door could definitely have caused the one on the leg!

The foot one is from changing foods, allergies or there is a foreign body in it like an ingrown hair or a sticker. Here is what JeannieCO has been doing to get rid of Sally's it is a long slow process. Many vets will prescribe antibiotics but there is controversy about whether they actually do anything. It really just takes dedication to proper wound care. http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...igital-cyst-Sally&highlight=interdigital+cyst

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
If it were my dog, I'd try to remove the scab give a squeeze to get the infection out and douse it with lots of hydrogen peroxide. It really looks like something is stuck in there, causing it to boil up. That's just me. If then if it didn't clear up I'd call the vet. But I like to do things myself, just saying, and it's not for everyone. keep me posted, very curious

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Not sure if this is clearer but i treated it last night with the foot sore and the black part seems to be drying out crusty and bigger ir the red part is shrinking?? Could this be a cyst too???
Oh that looks much better. I have no clue what that could have been from either. Looks quite ugly though, and so black. I'm real curious to hear what the vet thinks it was.

Sally's on grain free too and I'm not sure yet what caused her or if it's even her first one since she's my rescue girl and we've only had her 11 weeks now. I need to compare her food with another one I want to try again. The treatments for the cyst are really easy and not time consuming at all. I noticed immediate improvement the very next day but I stopped too so and it flared right back up. Looks like it could take a few more weeks.

OP
jlcox24

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
yes i'm so glad to found you all and you've been tons of help!! I work in health care but i'm not sure i could stomach trying to drain it, odd huh!! I'm a dialysis tech so I deal with blood all day and then the not so great side effects maybe i'm just afraid of hurting him...the leg and toe both look better i think and the black is drying up it seems kinda getting white, i have the vet tomorrow but maybee after doing his care again tonight i can get my husband to try and I have that good mup..antibiotic cream for after peroxide!

OP
jlcox24

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Alright, first off thanks guys for all the tips and advice!! The vet visit was good today, the cyst between his toes is looking so much better told the vet what i was doing and he said basically to just continue he looked at the first pics i had taken and said that it Was alot better and healing well!!! I owe all of that to you guys!! The leg sore he said b/c of the black crusty top was probably a scrape from the door that scabbed over he drained it and did give some antibiotics to help with healing, it too is much better looking ive been doing the same with that as the foot cyst. He did say it could be a cyst as well but since Ollie can't reach it its not as wet and moist b/c he's not licking chewing it...I'm not thrilled with this vet but i wanted to get Ollie seen. I'm not overly worried though as it is healing and i'm gonna just continue to treat along with the foot and if it reappears or gets worse we will make a visit to a different vet! I can say this Ollie hates me doing the peroxide and ointment but during the epson salt soak he just sits there this morning he about fell asleep with his foot in the water!!! Once I was done with that part though he was ready to bolt!!

Again though thank you all for the tips and advice it's proved to work great!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Wonderful report and thank you for keeping us informed...GOD bless y'all.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.