Victory over Tear Stains!?

GusBus

Apr 21, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Hi all! If a food sensitivity were at the root of a tear stain problem, would you suspect the likely culprit to be beef, or potatoes? To make a long story short, Gus' face is looking really great right now, and I switched several things at once with him, so I don't know exactly what is doing the trick. If I went into detail, this post would turn into a novella, so basically, I just need to know what was the offending food ingredient (assuming it was the food switch). I have a friend who insists that bully breeds have known beef sensitivities, but I have never heard of that! I thought potatoes were more likely to cause skin problems. Can anyone weigh in on the likelihood of tear stains being caused by beef vs. potatoes? TIA!!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi all! If a food sensitivity were at the root of a tear stain problem, would you suspect the likely culprit to be beef, or potatoes? To make a long story short, Gus' face is looking really great right now, and I switched several things at once with him, so I don't know exactly what is doing the trick. If I went into detail, this post would turn into a novella, so basically, I just need to know what was the offending food ingredient (assuming it was the food switch). I have a friend who insists that bully breeds have known beef sensitivities, but I have never heard of that! I thought potatoes were more likely to cause skin problems. Can anyone weigh in on the likelihood of tear stains being caused by beef vs. potatoes? TIA!!!
I would bet potatoes.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse has tear stains and I thought it was chicken cut that out and still has them and I feed him beef maybe it is that as I don't feed him potatoes.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I found out recently that potatoes and sweet potatos are in two different vegetable "families", since mack always had food issues I decided to try a new new potato and so far seems like it worked, so maybe more ebd's are sensitive to sweet potatos then we really hear about. My guess is it could be protein or potato, but either way you should keep doing what you are if it worked!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
That's it. I'm just going to stop feeding baby O. How long do you think I can go without feeding her before I notice a difference? (Those that know about her...would probably guess "1 minute past normal feeding time". If breakfast and dinner are not on the table...errr floor right at 8am/8pm, she throws a pint sized fit)

OP
GusBus

GusBus

Apr 21, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
That's it. I'm just going to stop feeding baby O. How long do you think I can go without feeding her before I notice a difference?
:no: LOL!!!! It is crazy frustrating, isn't it??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That's it. I'm just going to stop feeding baby O. How long do you think I can go without feeding her before I notice a difference? (Those that know about her...would probably guess "1 minute past normal feeding time". If breakfast and dinner are not on the table...errr floor right at 8am/8pm, she throws a pint sized fit)

Is there anything really 'pint size' about O????

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=8649]GusBus[/MENTION] for Banks it was chicken and white potato. Beef was fine for her, but potato gave lots of yeast issues and until we identify her chicken allergy, her facial folds were dark brown.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.