Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Default Runny eyes

The last couple of days I have noticed Brutus' eyes are wetter then normal. He is not scratching or anything but they are constantly wet. I was wondering if anyone else has this going on and what should I do about it? Should I have the vet come for a visit? I tend to panic and overreact when it comes to my baby so any info would be great.

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Runny eyes

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    The last couple of days I have noticed Brutus' eyes are wetter then normal. He is not scratching or anything but they are constantly wet. I was wondering if anyone else has this going on and what should I do about it? Should I have the vet come for a visit? I tend to panic and overreact when it comes to my baby so any info would be great.
    I could be environmental allergies. If his eyes are clear with no strange colored discharge I would just wait and see what happens. Have you given him any new food or treats? Sometimes this can cause watery eyes. If you need to do something benadryl 1mg per lb of bully twice a day will probably dry the eyes up but doing nothing is probably fine also.
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

nothing new and it almost looks like he is crying. just clear wet, no funky colors. not goopy. My allergies have really been bugging me the last couple of days so i'm guessing maybe he has the same thing?

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

You are so not alone w your worry! Lol allergies are crazy right now so it could be that. Is he blinking or squinting a lot or is it just wet?

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fergus
    Likes (Received)

It could be from a growing head if Brutus is a puppy. Fergus will have watery eye (looks wet like he was crying not eye boogers) and I can tell he is experiencing some growing pains because he will go to town on his nylabone

Real Name
    Nikki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

Omg I wish my vet made house calls! Does it cost much more than an office visit? I would feel better about the fee if they traveled to me!

Just realized I was no help at all lol.

I would have it checked out just bc I tend to worry myself sick otherwise. Mack has dry eye which actually my vet explained as too much tear production as an attempt to correct the dryness, but macks eyes get green goo if we dont do his eye drops so maybe just wet is nothing to worry about...

Just realized I gave a conflicting answer so still wasnt any help lol! :banghead:

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

Loki has really watery eyes right now too because of his allergies we try and wipe them with a baby wipe every now and then to ale sure they don't get to gunky
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, you already got great advice from everyone. I was going to suggest allergies as well, try some Benadryl and see if there are any changes to his watery eyes, then it's probably allergies. You could also go to the drugstore and buy some over the counter eye drops and see if that helps. Hope you find a solution to his watery eyes, and hope he's feeling better soon.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleym View Post
    It could be from a growing head if Brutus is a puppy. Fergus will have watery eye (looks wet like he was crying not eye boogers) and I can tell he is experiencing some growing pains because he will go to town on his nylabone
    Brutus is 8mos old so I guess that would be considered a pup still. My vet told me he will grow until approx 9mos. This is my first Bulldog so I am learning alot as I go along. I thought I did extensive research before I got him but boy oh boy thank god for you guys on here.

Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Noyes27 View Post
    Omg I wish my vet made house calls! Does it cost much more than an office visit? I would feel better about the fee if they traveled to me!

Just realized I was no help at all lol.

I would have it checked out just bc I tend to worry myself sick otherwise. Mack has dry eye which actually my vet explained as too much tear production as an attempt to correct the dryness, but macks eyes get green goo if we dont do his eye drops so maybe just wet is nothing to worry about...

Just realized I gave a conflicting answer so still wasnt any help lol! :banghead:

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
    It isn't much more than an office visit. Maybe $10. Just very easy for me because he takes care of the rest of my managerie(two labs and a cat) that do not like to go bye-bye like Brutus does.

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

Rosalie, I am in Queens and Raven has been good this week. Hope it's nothing serious.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

It isn't much more than an office visit. Maybe $10. Just very easy for me because he takes care of the rest of my managerie(two labs and a cat) that do not like to go bye-bye like Brutus does.
    How are the eyes doing today?
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads