brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
The last couple of days I have noticed Brutus' eyes are wetter then normal. He is not scratching or anything but they are constantly wet. I was wondering if anyone else has this going on and what should I do about it? Should I have the vet come for a visit? I tend to panic and overreact when it comes to my baby so any info would be great. :confused:

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
The last couple of days I have noticed Brutus' eyes are wetter then normal. He is not scratching or anything but they are constantly wet. I was wondering if anyone else has this going on and what should I do about it? Should I have the vet come for a visit? I tend to panic and overreact when it comes to my baby so any info would be great. :confused:

I could be environmental allergies. If his eyes are clear with no strange colored discharge I would just wait and see what happens. Have you given him any new food or treats? Sometimes this can cause watery eyes. If you need to do something benadryl 1mg per lb of bully twice a day will probably dry the eyes up but doing nothing is probably fine also.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
nothing new and it almost looks like he is crying. just clear wet, no funky colors. not goopy. My allergies have really been bugging me the last couple of days so i'm guessing maybe he has the same thing?

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
You are so not alone w your worry! Lol allergies are crazy right now so it could be that. Is he blinking or squinting a lot or is it just wet?

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
It could be from a growing head if Brutus is a puppy. Fergus will have watery eye (looks wet like he was crying not eye boogers) and I can tell he is experiencing some growing pains because he will go to town on his nylabone

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack

Omg I wish my vet made house calls! Does it cost much more than an office visit? I would feel better about the fee if they traveled to me!

Just realized I was no help at all lol.

I would have it checked out just bc I tend to worry myself sick otherwise. Mack has dry eye which actually my vet explained as too much tear production as an attempt to correct the dryness, but macks eyes get green goo if we dont do his eye drops so maybe just wet is nothing to worry about...

Just realized I gave a conflicting answer so still wasnt any help lol! :banghead:

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki has really watery eyes right now too because of his allergies we try and wipe them with a baby wipe every now and then to ale sure they don't get to gunky

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, you already got great advice from everyone. I was going to suggest allergies as well, try some Benadryl and see if there are any changes to his watery eyes, then it's probably allergies. You could also go to the drugstore and buy some over the counter eye drops and see if that helps. Hope you find a solution to his watery eyes, and hope he's feeling better soon.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It could be from a growing head if Brutus is a puppy. Fergus will have watery eye (looks wet like he was crying not eye boogers) and I can tell he is experiencing some growing pains because he will go to town on his nylabone

Brutus is 8mos old so I guess that would be considered a pup still. My vet told me he will grow until approx 9mos. This is my first Bulldog so I am learning alot as I go along. I thought I did extensive research before I got him but boy oh boy thank god for you guys on here.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Omg I wish my vet made house calls! Does it cost much more than an office visit? I would feel better about the fee if they traveled to me!

Just realized I was no help at all lol.

I would have it checked out just bc I tend to worry myself sick otherwise. Mack has dry eye which actually my vet explained as too much tear production as an attempt to correct the dryness, but macks eyes get green goo if we dont do his eye drops so maybe just wet is nothing to worry about...

Just realized I gave a conflicting answer so still wasnt any help lol! :banghead:

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

It isn't much more than an office visit. Maybe $10. Just very easy for me because he takes care of the rest of my managerie(two labs and a cat) that do not like to go bye-bye like Brutus does.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Rosalie, I am in Queens and Raven has been good this week. Hope it's nothing serious.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
They are a little red and watery. If it doesn't stop soon I will call the vet

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Brutus is 8mos old so I guess that would be considered a pup still. My vet told me he will grow until approx 9mos. This is my first Bulldog so I am learning alot as I go along. I thought I did extensive research before I got him but boy oh boy thank god for you guys on here.

Could be allergies (benedryl 3x a day... 1mg per pound of pup) , inverted eyelashs, or anything else. Next vet visit have his eyes looked at. As far as growth, Bulldogs grow UP till about 1 year and then OUT (broad, chest) until about 2 yrs.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.