How to help prevent MRSA

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
As we have all heard one of our own Samson, has been diagnosed with MRSA. We send our love and best wishes out to him and his family. I would like to share a video about MRSA so we can all become aware about what it is and what we can do to help prevent the development of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTyJuLGgKRc

Christy from the bottom of my heart thank you for this, I honestly had never heard of this before Samson. This is why this site is so exceptional imho because of the education and the incredible people like you. Thank you.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Amazing amount if information in this video-- I love this vet!!! Her approach is much like my own vet when it comes to over use of antibiotics. Everyone should watch... And watch it all because a lot of the best info starts a couple minutes into it.

Thank you christy!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​Excellent advice, thank you, Christy...GOD bless!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thanks for sharing!!! Excellent video...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
GREAT info... thanks for posting/sharing it

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Thank you so much for sharing this!! I wish I would have known all this sooner, may have been able to prevent Samson from getting MRSA in the first place!!! I knew that antibiotics are overused but I also have always trusted my vets judgement :(

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I just finished watching a TV show that we get every Sunday afternoon here in Canada, it's called Market Place. I don't know if get this show in the USA? Every week they go undercover and expose crooked businesses, and let the public know when they're getting ripped off, or they reveal unsavoury business people or practices. Today's show was about Hotel rooms and cleanliness, or in this case the lack of it. They checked into different well known hotels, for two nights at each one, and installed hidden cameras, the cameras showed housekeeping staff cleaning the toilet with a toilet brush, and then cleaning the sick and faucet with the same toilet brush :eek::poo: Another hotel, they showed a maid wiping the toilet seat, and then wiping the counter with the same cloth. Yuck. They brought in a biological chemist who used a black light, on many of the surfaces such as the bedding, the bedspreads, pillows, the coffee maker, the bedside light, and the walls. They found clipped nails in the bedspread, They found urine stains on the wall, the coffee maker was covered in what they called "organic" material? The light switch on the bedside table also had the same results. Many other surfaces also showed to have stains and dirt on them. On the surface the room looked clean and tidy. The chemist had a germ meter which measured the amount of bacteria on the various surfaces. A reading under 300 was a pass or acceptable, a reading between 300 and 1000 was a caution, and anything over a reading of 1000 was a fail. Many of the surfaces fell in the over 300 to 1000 range of use caution, but a lot especially from the bathroom, sinks and toilets were reading 31,000, 41,000, and sometimes even higher amounts of bacteria. These bacterias can make unsuspecting people sick, it can cause sexually transmitted diseases, and a whole host of other diseases. What was really scary was that at every hotel they tested , whether they were high priced, well known hotels, or a cheaper hotel chain, or motel, they tested for two dangerous bacteria MRSA, and C-Difficile. The chemist brought samples from different surfaces in the hotels and brought them to the lab and tested them for these bacterias. The results showed that every hotel had positive results for both the MRSA and C-Difficile bacteria, especially in there bathrooms, on the toilets and the sinks, where we touch the faucets and brush our teeth. So you stay in these rooms, and then go home and get sick, and have no idea where you contracted it from.

This makes me seriously rethink not liking camping, and staying in the comfort of these so called clean hotels. Maybe a tent and sleeping bag in the woods are a safer place to sleep.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.