Pre-heat?

benjibabies3

May 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sassy and Dozer
Our baby girl, Sassy, is 7 almost 8 months old. She has had a few spots of blood and a very stinky discharge from her back end. I took her to the vet last week to be checked for an infection and she came back clear but had a small trace of bacteria in her female parts. She's on the prescription Clovamox. I'm just wondering if this could be some sort of pre-heat that she's got or if it's all from the bacteria.
She's also been humping our male which she has never done before. Her vulva isn't swollen and is still her spunky self.
Any opinions?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hmmm tough to say. How long has she had this bloody discharge? Has the antibiotics shown any improvement?

Yes they can have pink discharge at the beginning of heat.

Some dogs go through a "silent heat",where they bleed very little..... but I also think there is always traces of bacteria ( good and bad ) in there.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
benjibabies3

benjibabies3

May 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sassy and Dozer
She's had a couple drops of brownish looking blood for the last 2 weeks. Nothing significant but its still there. She's been on her meds for 5 days out of 14 so maybe it hasn't had time to fully work yet?
Our male likes to "clean" her up, which is disturbing to our young skin babies.
I guess if she's still having an issue when she's done with the medication we'll be heading back to the vet.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Aww I know nothing about this topic, just wanted to say hello n I hope all turns out well w your cutie!

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
when you say stinky from her back end .. do you mean her butt or her girl parts?? As for being on heat .. you will definitely see some swelling!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.